North Dakota State

Eagle915

They seem to travel a good amount of fans to Frisco every year. I'm always reminded that's it's FCS championship weekend when I see folks in green and yellow all over town.

They also hosted college game day last year if I recall. Good program.

We made the mistake of trying a night out in Frisco and North Plano Saturday night. Bison fans were everywhere. Yellow and Green packed every restaurant and bar. They traveled well.

They seem to travel a good amount of fans to Frisco every year. I'm always reminded that's it's FCS championship weekend when I see folks in green and yellow all over town.

The team stayed at the hotel next to our office here. The Westin took down their flag and flew the NDSU flag on the third pole next to the American and Texas flags for the three days they were here.

Crazy.

I have a friend who works for FC Dallas, I told him that FCD should play an exhibition match in the Fargodome as a thank you.

• Upvote 1

I for one like the fact that successful FCS programs are allowed to receive votes now. Remember they are a different subdivision, not a different division. If FBS can be allowed to schedule them as bodybag games, then when a really good FCS team pulls a great season and possibly some FBS upsets then they deserve the recognition if voters feel it's valid. I wonder if the constant changes to bowl eligibility rules might ever let one or more of the top FCS teams pop into a bowl game. I know, that's the point of the championship vs. bowl subdivisions, but if there's already crossover in the schedule, and we're going to have a playoff anyway (which will hopefully expand) then there might be some open bowl spots in years to come, and if there is a NDSU or other great FCS team that could make a late season bowl work into the post-championship schedule, I'd rather see that over a 5-7 FBS team with a waiver. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't want it to be a regular thing, but since most bowls are considered exhibition games anyway, it might be a kick to see a really good crossover FCS team every few years.