BB radio show to begin Jan 13th

NT03

Basketball Radio Show at Rudys to Start Next Week

The Mean Green Basketball Show returns to air Next Monday, January 13 from 7-8 p.m from Rudys BBQ in Denton. The show can be heard on the Mean Green Ra­dio Network, KHYI 95.3 FM, KNTU 88.1 FM or KGAF 1580 AM as George Dunham, Hank Dickenson and Ste­ven Bartolotta visit with North Texas head Womens Coach Mike Petersen and head Mens Coach Tony Ben­ford. Mark your calendars!

• Upvote 2

It's the coach's show, not the player'a show...

I guess you have never attended...players usually in attendance and on the show each week. Don't know about tonight as it is the first, but...in this case...your info is incorrect. Usually both a female and a male player attend and are part of the show. Several other players often there in support as well.

No question period tonight...it starts at 6:30 PM this year. Very few non-UNT staffers in attendance and no players tonight...women were getting ready to practice and the men's guest was Coach Monarch.

I was glad I went, but it was a rather subdued show with so few fans in attendance. Crowds bring electricity, not much electricity in the audience tonight. Both Coach Benford and Coach Peterson seemed pretty darn serious and were not joking around much...before, during or after the show.

Got to ask a few questions and learn a few things in discussions after the show. That's good, but if there were a bigger crowd probably would not have had the chance.

Great story by Coach Peterson about one of his ex-players who spoke to the team before a recent game.

Like I said, glad I went, but hope to see a few more folks in attendance next Monday.

More or less mature than Monday night raw?

I consider it entertainment like a sport. But let's be honest shows like archer are making our country weak. 30 year old men use to work hard come home and work harder (hey I'm lazy too...) but now they sit around watching crap on tv and listen to crap like the ticket. The definition of a man has definitely changed. And again do not get me wrong I get caught up in the crap as well. I just try as much as I can to ignore it haha.

• Downvote 8

Shows like Archer are not making our country weak (and I don't even watch the damn thing). Give me a effing break.

My father in law would disagree. As would most men I know who came out of the military. And again I fall into the trap to. I am sitting here watching that 70s show. But the point still stands. The role of a man has changed in the last 15 years. I guess they expect less so that is why they expect less of other adult men in the 20s. Not really sure. I would say men use to be more mature just even 10 years ago.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

My father in law would disagree. As would most men I know who came out of the military. And again I fall into the trap to. I am sitting here watching that 70s show. But the point still stands. The role of a man has changed in the last 15 years. I guess they expect less so that is why they expect less of other adult men in the 20s. Not really sure. I would say men use to be more mature just even 10 years ago.

Dude, my cousin who was in the Marines watches Archer. WTF are you talking about.

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 3