Southern Mississippi (1/9/14)

CMJ

Should be a telling game. Deep end indeed. Would be really surprised if the good guys wearing green won this one, but it is possible depending upon which team shows up to play.

Hopefully, we'll see a decent crowd of fans supporting the team in person. Especially all those who say they have stayed away due to the level of competition. Hope so at least. I believe Southern Miss should qualify as a "higher quality team", yes?

Come on out...give the team a spark with a decent crowd as they come out of the tunnel.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Should be a telling game. Deep end indeed. Would be really surprised if the good guys wearing green won this one, but it is possible depending upon which team shows up to play.

Hopefully, we'll see a decent crowd of fans supporting the team in person. Especially all those who say they have stayed away due to the level of competition. Hope so at least. I believe Southern Miss should qualify as a "higher quality team", yes?

Come on out...give the team a spark with a decent crowd as they come out of the tunnel.

At this point a big crowd might be defined as anything over 1,000...my how times change.

At this point a big crowd might be defined as anything over 1,000...my how times change.

I think a lot of people see the team for what it is. We'll be lucky is we see anything over 2,000 from here on out.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You're mistaken. They did leave because of the level of competition. It's the home product that has drastically regressed...because of 18-20 year olds, right?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You're mistaken. They did leave because of the level of competition. It's the home product that has drastically regressed...because of 18-20 year olds, right?

I still do not get this point.... 18,19, and 20 year old men fought and died for our country over seas during the world wars. They stepped up and put their lives on the line. 18 to 20 year olds are men who are equally accountable for their actions. Drop the age excuse already.

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

I still do not get this point.... 18,19, and 20 year old men fought and died for our country over seas during the world wars. They stepped up and put their lives on the line. 18 to 20 year olds are men who are equally accountable for their actions. Drop the age excuse already.

The 18-20 year olds who die for our country, if they die due to a shitty strategy by their superiors, are not scapegoated when their caskets are shipped home. Their superior officers, as it should be, are given the blame.

Why do you hate the troops??!

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 2

The 18-20 year olds who die for our country, if they die due to a shitty strategy by their superiors, are not scapegoated when their caskets are shipped home. Their superior officers, as it should be, are given the blame.

Why do you hate the troops??!

Indeed. People said "Bush lied, people died" well in our case, it's "RV lied, our basketball record died"

Support-Our-Troops.jpg

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

And you are the drugged-out hippy yelling "babykillers" at those 18-20 year olds walking through the airport upon their return from Vietnam, aren't you?

Edit: saw Emmitt's post after posting this. Lol

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

--Why so negative [ not in Dallas area, don't see the games ] ? We are 9-5 and have recently defeated A&M. I'm not so impressed with So. Miss record, lots of pussy-cat teams on their schedule and I am sure they would like to ignore their Louisville game ( big blowout )..

--- In the good old MVC days when we played in the Men's gym... you could not get a seat unless you showed up very early at least during the week. We often weren't that good but the crowd was wild and games were fun.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

--Why so negative [ not in Dallas area, don't see the games ] ? We are 9-5 and have recently defeated A&M. I'm not so impressed with So. Miss record, lots of pussy-cat teams on their schedule and I am sure they would like to ignore their Louisville game ( big blowout )..

--- In the good old MVC days when we played in the Men's gym... you could not get a seat unless you showed up very early at least during the week. We often weren't that good but the crowd was wild and games were fun.

Compare the margin of victory against weaker opponent for Southern Miss and then North Texas. I seriously doubt Southern Miss has bottom of the barrel teams getting within a few points by the end of the game whereas NT has had several teams -- Northwood, Wayland Baptist, & UC Riverside.

Back to the USM game, I don't expect a win, but I would like to see us play like we belong on the same court as a CUSA front runner. I finally got to see a game in person, and I felt like the offense looked a little more organized than in some disastrous games earlier this year. However, my concern at this point is answering the question of why we couldn't build upon a 14-point second half lead against UC-Riverside and finish with a 20+ point victory. I almost feel like there is a psychological component at play when they let a team like that come back and tie them before finally getting it together and scraping by with an ugly win.

Any chance that the football team will be honored at halftime of this game or another one coming up? I seem to remember when we won the NOB in 2002 that they brought Dickey and the team out at center court. Would be a nice thing if they did and gave notice to fans in advance.

• Upvote 5

Any chance that the football team will be honored at halftime of this game or another one coming up? I seem to remember when we won the NOB in 2002 that they brought Dickey and the team out at center court. Would be a nice thing if they did and gave notice to fans in advance.

So you are asking if they are planning a promotion and marketing it?

Bon chance (pardon my French)

Edited by Army of Dad
  • Upvote 1

your guards better handle the ball well. it will help if you shoot well outside too.

they use a 3/4 to full court press the whole game. it's not like the vcu HAVOC style press but it molests you. when you get it across they try to trap you out high. they play zone the whole game. they're long out front of the zone and this creates problems but they're not real large if you can get it inside.

their schedule is somewhat smoke and mirrors but they are tough to beat. our game went the full 40 minutes for sure.

donnie tyndall is a dirty fat tub of goo that comes from the convicted cheating tree of kermit davis. kermit came from the tim floyd/larry eustachy tree. you always feel like you need a shower after playing one of these guys. donnie can coach. but he'll sign 20 guys and pray to get 13 eligible.

i see ya'lls record but other than the a&m game know nothing about you this year. good luck and don't forget to shower after the game. donnie fat tub of goo's slime is that pervasive.

Nice to see you around Dahbeed! Looking forward to playing yall again next season.

we should be a load next year amigo. we'll be pretty good by the end of this year. We've played pretty well since we got our midseason txfers eligible. Completely different team now.

We're still not real athletic yet but next seasons recruits will help out. All 3 are 3* high school guys. They won't be counted on to contribute immediately as Fant and Price will be seniors and Trency Jackson as well. Chris Harrison-Docks will only be a sophomore but he plays like a junior already.

Ray Harper is getting his players in here now and they don't look like what McDummy was bringing in.