A New Way to Celebrate UNT Victory

UNTeagle88

I have always thought it would be smart for UNT to be able to showcase their victory by lighting a building or sky next to I-35E and also visible from I-35W

Any ideas??? Think of this as a green version @ apogee

Outside-1a.jpg

I was just talking about this the other day! First of all, I've always loved that the admin tower is lighted Green. But if you've seen it lately, it's very faint. They really need to change out the fixtures to some new L.E.D. technology and it'll be much brighter.

Also, because the tower is in the center of campus, the only people that see it, are kids on campus. And even so, the admin tower isn't THAT tall of a structure. If we think it's going the further help UNT to get the City of Denton more involved, the lighting the stadium would be a great way to show EVERYONE when there's a UNT Victory. Have the entire stadium lighted in Green L.E.D. lights. Could also accent light the windmills with green light.

I really like this, and it seems well within the realm of possibilities. I wouldn't want to diminish or erase the tradition of lighting the tower as well, but the idea to have a statement visible to the public at the stadium by a major highway would be far more resounding among those who aren't in the middle of campus after dark.

Green spotlights at the corners of the roof of the new Student Union?

No, that is too close to theAdmin tower. Lighting Apogee is the best way to go. In regards to the wingzone, How about making the whole section glow green on the outside. Line the underside with some green LED lights. That would definitely get some attention.

Light up the bridge! Light up the bridge! Light up the bridge!

SGA already attempted to make this happen, only to be denied because the bridge is not owned by UNT but is owned by TXDOT. That is what i've been told by the SGA VP.

Edited by UNTeagle88

I like this idea. Ya know those big search lights used to attract attention to a grand opening . I wonder if there is a green lens that could be put over the light to make it a green search light ? In the old days,(ie Plumm) those searchlights were huge carried on an 18 wheel truck. I've seen them lately and they fit in the back of a pick up truck.

Good idea and Apogee is the perfect place to show off our "Green light to greatness."

Beat Texas

GO MEAN GREEN

I like this idea. Ya know those big search lights used to attract attention to a grand opening . I wonder if there is a green lens that could be put over the light to make it a green search light ? In the old days,(ie Plumm) those searchlights were huge carried on an 18 wheel truck. I've seen them lately and they fit in the back of a pick up truck.

Good idea and Apogee is the perfect place to show off our "Green light to greatness."

Beat Texas

GO MEAN GREEN

Yes! This is what I was trying to suggest to put atop the new student union.