Great Job to the Mean Green Athletic Department

UNTLifer

Reading about the Omni, Tower Club NYE Party, attending the pregame tailgate, fixing the ticket issue, free pom poms and beads with the HOD "medallion," etc... I thought they did a fantastic job. We had a blast. Now, if only ESPN would replay the game so I could record it.

• Upvote 2

Reading about the Omni, Tower Club NYE Party, attending the pregame tailgate, fixing the ticket issue, free pom poms and beads with the HOD "medallion," etc... I thought they did a fantastic job. We had a blast. Now, if only ESPN would replay the game so I could record it.

you can watch the game and the trophy presentation in its entirety on espn3

you can listen to the audio of the game on KNTU!

And I agree 100% on the GREAT job the AD did on the bowl events and gameday...it was fantastic -- best I have ever seen!

The AD did a great job on all the events surrounding the bowl game. The Tower club event was top notch fancy pants with a great band and hor d'oeuvers that were basically a meal (really tasty coconut fried shrimp, sliders, Mac and cheese, and other things I don't remember. I went all Forrest Gump on those coconut shrimp!!). Only hiccup was the poor lady who fell on the dance floor. I didn't see it happen, but the band stopped playing and seemed really concerned. Hope she is ok.

Indoor tailgate was a GREAT idea. Although the weather turned out ideal, you never know what NYD is going to be like 3 weeks out. Having that indoors was a great idea.

I do disagree about the ticket issue. It's was a fiasco and the response was snail like, calling people the day before the game and asking them if they had received their tickets. Frustratingly slow response to a serious issue that should be addressed.

Game was perfect with a great turnout and great local publicity. I think this helps Xavier Washington with his decision.

• Upvote 4

The AD did a great job on all the events surrounding the bowl game. The Tower club event was top notch fancy pants with a great band and hor d'oeuvers that were basically a meal (really tasty coconut fried shrimp, sliders, Mac and cheese, and other things I don't remember. I went all Forrest Gump on those coconut shrimp!!). Only hiccup was the poor lady who fell on the dance floor. I didn't see it happen, but the band stopped playing and seemed really concerned. Hope she is ok.

Indoor tailgate was a GREAT idea. Although the weather turned out ideal, you never know what NYD is going to be like 3 weeks out. Having that indoors was a great idea.

I do disagree about the ticket issue. It's was a fiasco and the response was snail like, calling people the day before the game and asking them if they had received their tickets. Frustratingly slow response to a serious issue that should be addressed.

Game was perfect with a great turnout and great local publicity. I think this helps Xavier Washington with his decision.

Mike where was the Tailgate and was it close to the cotton bowl?

Embarcadero Bldg...just next to the Cotton Bowl. It was super fun and VERY well attended. Rudy's BBQ did breakfast tacos...band and cheer squad performed, etc. way cool.

Advertised extensively prior to the game.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Yes, steps from gate E, I believe it was. In one of the exhibition halls. Had Rudy's breakfast Tacos (the brisket tacos were really good). The alcohol was pretty steep ($6 domestics, $7 wine, $9 blood Mary's), but at a special event like this, I didn't care.

• Upvote 2

Embarcadero Bldg...just next to the Cotton Bowl. It was super fun and VERY well attended. Rudy's BBQ did breakfast tacos...band and cheer squad performed, etc. way cool.

Advertised extensively prior to the game.

I was aware of the event, I was just not interested because of the weather so I never investigated, We did our own thing. I was simply wondering if the weather had gone another way.

Kudos to the Alumni Association and their involvement in pulling together bowl week events as well.

Thank you, Todd. Our staff does a great job with very limited resources. I never cease to be amazed at how hard these folk work and the hours they put in for our university and it's Alumni!

Edit: Thanks, Christopher...just caught the UNT90 vs UNT 90 Grad thing. My mistake...thank you, Todd. But, am sure Mike was thinking the same thing, right?

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Friday the 27th after having read about the ticket situation on this board, I e-mailed RV, from Estes Park Co, at what would be just after midnight (Saturday morning) in Denton. When I left town on the 20th of Dec I went by the ticket office and was told they would be mailed (I had placed my mail on hold) and did not plan on returning until late on the 29th. I had no plans on going to Dallas until game day. I received an e-mail from RV the next morning that had an aprox 6 am send time and was told I could pick them up by noon on Monday at the ticket office. They were available as promised. I have no complaints and believe that RV and the AD staff did a great job of correcting the ticket situation. Seriously, how many AD's would personally handle this type of problem? I heard no excuses only solutions.

• Upvote 1

Friday the 27th after having read about the ticket situation on this board, I e-mailed RV, from Estes Park Co, at what would be just after midnight (Saturday morning) in Denton. When I left town on the 20th of Dec I went by the ticket office and was told they would be mailed (I had placed my mail on hold) and did not plan on returning until late on the 29th. I had no plans on going to Dallas until game day. I received an e-mail from RV the next morning that had an aprox 6 am send time and was told I could pick them up by noon on Monday at the ticket office. They were available as promised. I have no complaints and believe that RV and the AD staff did a great job of correcting the ticket situation. Seriously, how many AD's would personally handle this type of problem? I heard no excuses only solutions.

Great story and summary of the way it was handled my friend. Thank you for sharing that.

The question is, how many AD's SHOULD have to personally handle the situation. RV has much better things to do than personally solve ticket office F ups.

And you had to email correct? What if you didn't read this board? Why did YOU have to contact THEM to find something that you had already purchased?

Look, we can say "gee, isn't RV a great guy for personally handling the situation" but it doesn't negate that fact that he hires people to do that for him. When he has to do that, the people he hired aren't doing their job. The time he spends doing their jobs is time that he isn't doing his own.

There should be changes at the ticket office. Hope there will be. Not holding my breath.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Ticket situation was a nightmare but I felt that every effort was made (though with seemingly far too limited resources) to remedy. All in all the damn day wound up glorious!! I was told the tickets arrived later than anticipated to the nt ticket office to begin with - who knows if that's true. Wasn't seamless but I thought it all worked out just fine. And I agree the pom poms and all were great.

Edited by tmjerm
  • Upvote 1