Former Guyer standout plans to enroll at UNT (will be updated)

Harry

I don't worry about his skills but I do worry about his size. I wonder if having to face much larger linemen contributed to his injury.

However, we have another DT that appears to be cut from the same cloth. If Kottman and Syd Moore could alternate series it might save wear and tear on both. Both have good strength and quickness and together could furnish constant intensity on the opposition.

• Upvote 1

Ryan Boutwell proved to me that you do not have to be 6-4, 300 to be a productive defensive lineman. The issue I see with Kottman is his height at the 3-technique. You ideally would like to have a guy with height and long arms to affect the inside passing lanes.

On another note, someone told me Mustafa Haboul was up to 265 and very strong. I am really interested to see how this guy plays in the spring.

The common denominator on all of these defensive tackles, be it Haboul, Kottman or Moore are they are undersized but extremely aggressive and quick.

Ryan Boutwell proved to me that you do not have to be 6-4, 300 to be a productive defensive lineman. The issue I see with Kottman is his height at the 3-technique. You ideally would like to have a guy with height and long arms to affect the inside passing lanes.

On another note, someone told me Mustafa Haboul was up to 265 and very strong. I am really interested to see how this guy plays in the spring.

The common denominator on all of these defensive tackles, be it Haboul, Kottman or Moore are they are undersized but extremely aggressive and quick.

I noticed Haboul on the sidelines at the HoD bowl. He's certainly getting bigger. 8 more months of training under Wintrich and I bet he'll be ready to contribute.

Yeah, Mustafa is finally starting to put some meat on his bones, aside from muscle. Hitting up that victory dining hall.

The tough thing for Mustafa during fall camp is that the first few weeks in pads are also usually during Ramadan. It was very tough on him and our other Muslim players. They couldn't eat or drink water while the sun was up, and they lost a lot of weight in the first few days in pads. Hope Mustafa does good in the spring, that way he won't need a killer fall camp performance to get in the rotation.

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 3

As productive as Boutwell he would have been more productive as a defensive end. He played tackle out of necessity and missed 11 games his first three years as a result; plus parts of several others.

Haboul has a reputation for being strong but I wasn't sure about his quickness so I didn't mention him at the time. Kottman and Moore were both all-state , albeit in a lower class so statistically they are a known quantity. Haboul could very well join the rotation or become a starter. I don't know because I've yet to see him play and don't know what he did in high school.