Brelan "Freaking" Football

untcampbell

A little side discussion during the game and today's viewing of the most recent Beyond The Green reminded me to mention this:

Brelan Chancellor will be the guy I miss watching (on Saturday's anyway) more than any NT player since Booger Kennedy.

Johnny Quinn was a player I LOVED to watch play (not as much as Quoner obviously) and there have been others, but I reserve this accolade for players that truly change the way opposing coaches plan their game...and it just doesn't matter.

So happy that Brelan's last game at North Texas included a few plays to add to his highlight reel.

Who would you add to the list?

GMG

• Upvote 3

Dunbar will always be my favorite. His freshman year was my freshman year and we graduated in the same class, so that has always been cool to me.

As far as this team, no doubt I will miss watching Brelan, however I think Carlos Harris may step up and be a dynamic playmaker.

Also, going to love the passion and intensity of Sarge.

• Upvote 1

A little side discussion during the game and today's viewing of the most recent Beyond The Green reminded me to mention this:

Johnny Quinn was a player I LOVED to watch play (not as much as Quoner obviously)

Is that what Quoner means? Quinn...*ahem*

Anyway, this year is hard to pick just one. DT had up and down games, but man, when he was on, he was ON. Brelan of course, and Trice and Orr like all of you said, plus pretty much every RB from #1-5 on the depth chart. Also Laraimie Lee, who knocks the crap out of guys way bigger than he.

Through the years though, that one special season for Jamario was amazing. Too bad he wasn't as electric later on, but wow, that was so exciting, no matter how many shoes he had on.

• Upvote 1

If we were using less of a rotation he probably would have been well over 2K.

It's fun to speculate, but this is a farfar reach from a galaxy farfar away. That would have required Byrd handling just over 85% of the carries, based on final 2013 productivity.

He wouldn't have lasted long enough to hit it, let alone "well over."

2013 Mean Green Rush: 549-2349 (4.3 ave)

2013 Brandon Byrd: 202-1075 (5.3 ave)

2013 Brandon Byrd % of team total: 36.79% - 45.76%

2004 Mean Green Rush: 491-2237 (4.6 ave)

2004 Jamario Thomas: 285-1801 (6.3 ave)

2004 Jamario % of team: 58.04% - 80.05%

2003 Mean Green Rush (13 games): 561-2308 (4.1 ave)

2003 Patrick Cobbs (11 games played): 307-1680 (5.5 ave)

2003 Cobbs % of team: 54.72% - 72.79%

Edited by greenminer

Thanks to all of the seniors for being a really special bunch. I hope they challenge the next group to step it up even bigger next year. Need someone to fill this guy's leadership shoes...

Heart_of_Dallas_Bowl_Football_110384_tea

Amen. I don't think I've ever seen someone who appears to genuinely love playing Mean Green football more than Trice.

• Upvote 1