Coach Mac post-HOD Trophy speech transcript

Harry

Scott Murray: And now Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome the head coach of the Heart of Dallas Bowl Champion The University of North Texas – Dan McCarney! *loud applause*

Dan holds up trophy to big applause. Trophy looks heavy! Kisses trophy several times for the cameras. Sets trophy down and picks up microphone.

Dan McCarney: Let me take this opportunity to thank the best fans in America, the Mean Green football fans! Yeah! How bout em! *loud applause*

Time stands still for no one; we had to define how those guys were going to be remembered and led by these 22 seniors this Mean Green football team will be remembered forever as bowl champions…bowl champions..BOWL CHAMPIONS…*loud applause*

I want to congratulate UNLV, Bobby Hauck – they’re a heck of a football team and it was an hopnor to play against the UNLV Rebels. How about a nice hand for UNLV!

Let me just say this, this is not the end…it’s only a beginning. How about a great round of applause for these 22 seniors that led this season! 22 seniors yeah! Happy New Year, Go Mean Green and God Bless you! *loud applause*

end