September 6, 2014

StealthEagle84

Circle this date on your calender folks and start telling your friends, family, co-workers, fellow alums and anyone who will take the time to listen to be there. We need to move that crowd that showed up yesterday to the Cotton Bowl 45 miles north to Apogee Stadium when we take on the Ponies of SMU. I'm already looking forward to this for all of the obvious reasons. We as a university need to come full force to show that we are the team to beat in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.

On another note, I can't say enough how proud I am of this current bunch of kids. What a great season. This is what the Mean Green Nation has been waiting for. And as Mac said yesterday, this is not the end but the beginning. With his leadership, I can't do anything but agree. GO MEAN GREEN!

Heart%20of%20Dallas%20Bowl%20Football.JP

• Upvote 4

Teams that pack stadiums dont rely on just alums. They get the whole community and support from the locals. UNT has to take over Denton and the surrounding cities.

To do that, there need to be lots of publicity and visibility. The athletic department needs to be more active locally at little league functions, parades and festivals, local school events, etc.

I hear you say UNT needs to take over Denton and that tells me that we need to tear down TWU.

Don't need to tell me twice.

Death to TWU!!

I wish we marketed football more to TWU. College right down the road full of kids who would love the saturday college football experience. Do TWU kids get a discount or something to go to UNT football games?
  • Upvote 3

I wish we marketed football more to TWU. College right down the road full of kids who would love the saturday college football experience. Do TWU kids get a discount or something to go to UNT football games?

I don't know for sure about now but when I was in school I had quite a few friends from TWU and a lot of people I met from there that would attend games every so often. That is a market we need to tap considerably.

• Upvote 3

We could easily pack our stadium if we relied on the alums that showed up yesterday.

The people that showed up yesterday are there for a special occassion and were most likely off for the holidays. Some may have been living in the Dallas area and the bowl game may have been a lot closer and more covenient. Also realize that there is no school or little league events during this time.

I do agree that there should be enough alum in the DFW area to fill apogee every week, but once you have people driving an hour or more to get to a game, you decrease your chances of getting repeat attendance. Alums out of the area are going to pick and choose certain games to attend.

To get the fans that come and fill it every week, you have to get the current students and locals to support the team where it is not a road trip every weekend.

• Upvote 3

UT will determine A LOT as far as opening game sellout possibilities.

We need to take a huge crowd to DKR Memorial Stadium.

We won't be able to take a lot to that game because it will be SOLD out with the new UT coach in a big time way. We will easily sell out our allotment of tickets. If you want to attend this game you better start planning around it EARLY!

To get the fans that come and fill it every week, you have to get the current students and locals to support the team where it is not a road trip every weekend.

Understood on the little league comments, but can we pretend for a minute that from Dallas or Ft. Worth to Denton isn't a road trip by any stretch of the imagination?

• Upvote 1

We won't be able to take a lot to that game because it will be SOLD out with the new UT coach in a big time way. We will easily sell out our allotment of tickets. If you want to attend this game you better start planning around it EARLY!

Where there is a will, there is a way. Stubhub and ticketmaster will have plenty of seats available. Shorthorn fans will not be packing the house to see UT play UNT. They still, and probably always will, view us as being on the same level as SFA, which means tickets for sale outside the stadium can most likely be had for below regular sale price.

Just get to Austin and find a ticket. It won't be hard.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Where there is a will, there is a way. Stubhub and ticketmaster will have plenty of seats available. Shorthorn fans will not be packing the house to see UT play UNT. They still, and probably always will, view us as being on the same level as SFA, which means tickets for sale outside the stadium can most likely be had for below regular sale price.

Just get to Austin and find a ticket. It won't be hard.

Very true... Ticket prices are crazy for this game right now but its very doable on getting cheaper priced tickets as the date gets closer to game day. It just involves a little bit of luck, lots of patience, and investing in tedious work on finding the right ticket(s)

There is nothing in Denton, Texas that will ever draw a major TV audience except UNT sports and the Chamber of Commerce must realize that. I have never understood why Denton does not support UNT athletics the way Lubbock supports Tech, Waco supports Baylor or even the way Ft. Worth supports TCU. Things may be improving, but much more could be done to get the community more involved. It is not just school pride that is at issue here, but regional pride as well and if pride is not relevant to some, the PR that UNT sports brings to this community should cause the most cynical local businessman take notice.

• Upvote 1