Storming the Field

NewUNTFan8

gallery_1_219_1036572.jpg

When it happened, I questioned why it is always a problem. Why not let fans on the field to celebrate with their team? Now I find out the championship hats were taken (read stolen) from the players! Heard a report of seeing at least four of the hats on someone's dashboard. Sad for those players who really wanted to celebrate with the fans and ended up losing out. Always someone to ruin a good thing.

Great win!!

• Upvote 6

When it happened, I questioned why it is always a problem. Why not let fans on the field to celebrate with their team? Now I find out the championship hats were taken (read stolen) from the players! Heard a report of seeing at least four of the hats on someone's dashboard. Sad for those players who really wanted to celebrate with the fans and ended up losing out. Always someone to ruin a good thing.

Great win!!

They arrested some of the first kids. Guess they're lucky they didn't get shot, it is the Dallas police.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

There's all kinds of things that can happen in a big free for all like that. People can get hurt, then lawsuits inevitably follow. It's an unfortunate reality of the world and times we live in. I grew up considering it a natural conclusion to watch fans rush the field after a championship victory, but those days are no more.

It was really, really, really funny watching the gray haired cops with the 44 inch waistlines trying to chase down a couple thousand in shape twenty year old kids. That was some serious in person Keystone Cop entertainment there.

• Upvote 4

They arrested some of the first kids. Guess they're lucky they didn't get shot, it is the Dallas police.

Ya, I mean Emmitt probably tried to cap a few from the stands, eh?

Dirty stinking pigs, eh?

Sometimes I really do think you are 12.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 5

Ya, I mean Emmitt probably tried to cap a few from the stands, eh?

Dirty stinking pigs, eh?

Sometimes I really do think you are 12.

Wow, you are the most insecure idiot I've ever seen. Like, no joke.

It was called a joke you imbecile. Pretty sure you were just ragging on me over sarcasm but you're a hypocrite so whatever.

Edited by meangreener
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

Wow, you are the most insecure idiot I've ever seen. Like, no joke.

It was called a joke you imbecile. Pretty sure you were just ragging on me over sarcasm but you're a hypocrite so whatever.

Well, since I have NEVER seen you use sarcasm on this forum, color me suspicious of this being the first time. Normally, you are just nasty to everyone that doesn't pat you on the head and tell you how great you are or agree with everything you say.

• Upvote 3

If DPD would stop shooting people that didn't deserve it they wouldn't be the butt of jokes about shooting people that don't deserve it.

I know there's no connection, but I have to laugh that you make this statement with a rifle in your avatar. I know, I know. No need for gun debate, and I'm in now way, shape, or form going in that direction. Just thought the combination of the statement and the picture was pretty funny.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Sorry to get back on topic, but seeing this thread makes me wonder* if I displayed "bad parenting" by allowing my kid, and 4-5 others that I took to the game, to make the trek down to the field.

Each had a story about how they had to "time their jump" to avoid "SECURITY."

Advice will be duly noted, fellow parents (and by the way, if as a parent you are already "wonder"ing, you know what the right answer is).

GMG

There were some of the police who were manhandling people, others didn't care. I knew if I got manhandled down there they were just doing their job and that I was the one breaking the law. In other news: listening to The Ticket today and hearing the North Texas win on the ticker every time is awesome.

It took my buddy and I a couple attempts to get on the field. Seemed like the cops were only sending back those that were within arms reach of them.

Those guys were working a part time job. The last thing they wanted to do was take any enforcement action. The only really motivated guy I saw was the 65 plus year old security guard who seemed to take it personal.

I'm surprised DPD did anything to prevent the onslaught. Just getting the people within arms reach is more motivation than most show on a part time gig.

Sorry to get back on topic, but seeing this thread makes me wonder* if I displayed "bad parenting" by allowing my kid, and 4-5 others that I took to the game, to make the trek down to the field.

Each had a story about how they had to "time their jump" to avoid "SECURITY."

Advice will be duly noted, fellow parents (and by the way, if as a parent you are already "wonder"ing, you know what the right answer is).

GMG

Once I was pretty sure the crowd and police/security were in the right spirit I let my 14 year old make his way onto the field. I'm sure he will never forget standing on the 50 with the team celebrating a bowl win.
  • Upvote 2

I saw one Dallas cop grab a girl and literally throw her back toward the stands and then go after her. Really rough handling for a young 20-something female, but other than that one instance I did not witness any police being too aggressive. That one guy was pretty much being a jerk. I think he pretty much gave up after a short while. But, picking the girl out to rough handle, really?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1