Questions and comments about the bowl

JesseMartin

Unfortunately, the other people who said they would try to come today didn't make it so it was just the fam. Of course that kept our streak alive, every game we watch together is a win!

I couldn't tell from the way they shot the crowd...did you guys do any of the funny signs? If so I didn't catch them.

Crazy to think that if the two potential INTs came to fruition and if the HUGE run to the 3 (1?) yard line wasn't called back, this could easily have been a 57-14 game. And if Mac was the type to run up the score we could have gotten in there at the end as well.

Loved the 2-point conversion..."Hey, WE'RE the only ones that successfully block extra points, got it?"

The crowd looked good and the North Texas chant sounded great (and really LOUD) on TV. With mostly the endzones and the upper deck being the sparse areas it looked a lot more full in most of the shots than 38K.

Who had the green afro wigs? There were a bunch all together that they showed a few times so I figured there was a good chance one of you set that up.

Great bowl win...wore my green underwear and everything, just to be sure.

• Upvote 2

Programs were $5. Picked mine up on the way out to ensure mint condition.

As did I...

You know, the irony of our alma mater's success at the Cotton Bowl Stadium on New Years Day with a great Mean Green win and our "lights out" record-breaking turnout of Mean Green fans is....

...in the Fall of 1981, many of us have commented to each other thru the years that our experience at the Cotton Bowl stadium that season may have been our all time lows as North Texas Mean Green fans and with 1 win that season making it worse but.......

......this New Years Day at the HOD Bowl game created such a feeling of total euphoria for many of us as we sat with our own looking from one end of the stadium to the other end at a sea of green. One Mean Green fan sitting by me got all misty eyed during the first part of the bowl game and truth be told I think many of us older fans had a similar experience as well. It was a great day for young and old alike; that is, all of us who bleed green and make no bones about it.

Don't know if we will ever duplicate what we did this last Wednesday during whatever time those of us 60 and above have left on this good mean green earth, but it just wouldn't surprise me if we did.................and more.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Since so many people missed out on programs (including those of us out of state), is there anybody who lives near Fair Park who would be willing to call to see if they still have them, and maybe buy a few copies to distribute? I'm sure we'd all pay you double for your effort.

• Upvote 1

True but at least they were willing to sell those at half price due to their error.

I grabbed one of those - nobody will ever notice, unless you point it out. Just like the "Apogee After Dark" shirt which has the date "October 31th"!

Since so many people missed out on programs (including those of us out of state), is there anybody who lives near Fair Park who would be willing to call to see if they still have them, and maybe buy a few copies to distribute? I'm sure we'd all pay you double for your effort.

Yes please. If someone calls, I could go down there next Monday or Tuesday.

Damn my drunken stupor...

Harry,suggest you contact Eric Capper, explain lack of program availability at game,and ask him to follow up with HOD bowl. He should be able to get whatever was left over, and make them available thru the ticket office[i'm sorry guys. I just couldn't help myself]. At any rate, I'm sure Eric would help if asked.

• Upvote 2

Harry,suggest you contact Eric Capper, explain lack of program availability at game,and ask him to follow up with HOD bowl. He should be able to get whatever was left over, and make them available thru the ticket office[i'm sorry guys. I just couldn't help myself]. At any rate, I'm sure Eric would help if asked.

Only if you never were critical of DT...

• Upvote 2

Ha! But yeah, if it turns out that either UNT or an individual can grab one, put me on the list, I'll give you $10 plus shipping so it'll be worth your time. If 10 of us are down, whoever gets them for us will make 50 bucks for their trouble.

I'll photocopy mine for $7.50 each.

Haha well if nothing else works out...

I checked the merchandise link and they have a pre-sale for UNT HoD champion shirts for $25 each in green or white, but no programs. Think I'll email the dude on the contact page and see if he'll get back to me about buying a bunch of them in bulk if they still have any.

• Upvote 1

It was a pretty whirlwind trip for me, but totally worth it. The biggest bummer, by far, was TastyGreek getting food poisoned and not being able to make the game. It was inspiring to see so much green on the train and in the stands at the Cotton Bowl.

One of my all time favorite sporting events to ever see live.

• Upvote 2

Oh, I forgot to ask about the weird signs at our game that were similar to ones at other bowl games. Did you guys see them? They had 4 pictures, of a celebrity, a food item, etc. on each one. What the heck was up with that?