Other Fans talking about UNT's win

Harry

Wow. That MWC board has some horrible, uninformed fans. However, it is fun to read their hopes slowly get crushed in the thread as the game went ont.

im just glad they got to witness our undersized, out-talented team push them around for 3 quarters

• Upvote 4

I don't know what playing SMU gets us. Beating a team which can barely handle FCS teams does us no favors, and playing a barely research university (on the same academic level as UTEP) with less masters degrees than the University of Phoenix hurts our university's academic prestige.

I'm enjoying this too much.

• Upvote 3

Strangely you mention the obsession more often than there are actual posts about them.

Strangely, you are the one usually posting links to their board or attending their games.

Noticed Cougar King showed up with his uninformed statements about our program.

• Upvote 1

Their assessment of our obsession with them is pretty dead on, at least for some of our fans.

Not even close. I've mentioned it in this post and in the nutty thread where people were suggesting making signs referencing SMU at OUR bowl game.

But I really just don't get it. It's a fine local rivalry, but they aren't and should never be our nemesis, as some on here so want to make them out to be. I think they are on their way to some really lean times and I don't want our "biggest rival" to be consistently below .500 ( and I think they are headed for a run far below .500).

Why don't we try and raise our standards just a bit, eh?

Edited by UNT90

Not even close. I've mentioned it in this post and in the nutty thread where people were suggesting making signs referencing SMU at OUR bowl game.

But I really just don't get it. It's a fine local rivalry, but they aren't and should never be our nemesis, as some on here so want to make them out to be. I think they are on their way to some really lean times and I don't want our "biggest rival" to be consistently below .500 ( and I think they are headed for a run far below .500).

Why don't we try and raise our standards just a bit, eh?

So you're saying u want utsa as our rival???

And thanks again...my kid loved the game!

• Upvote 1

People don't like SMwho. Plain and simple. They are the high school kids that drove Lexus'. They are the people that walk through school with no financial worry because mommy and daddy or the government has their back every step of the way. They are the people that doesn't know what a hard days work is. They are the people that turn their nose to the idea of hand me downs of anything. What is there to like? If North Texas beats them it just kind of eases the pain of working through college or putting in fence posts as a summer job or I think you get the drift.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Strangely, you are the one usually posting links to their board or attending their games.

Noticed Cougar King showed up with his uninformed statements about our program.

Cougar King has about six different identities on the SMU board. That dude needs a girlfriend BAD.

I don't know what playing SMU gets us. Beating a team which can barely handle FCS teams does us no favors, and playing a barely research university (on the same academic level as UTEP) with less masters degrees than the University of Phoenix hurts our university's academic prestige.

I'm enjoying this too much.

I'm in agreement with you .... Playing us fills their stadium and their pockets with $$$. I would just as soon ignore them and consider them a a lesser school (which they are) . They need us and other Texas area universities to fill their stadium and give them credibility... we don't need them.... or to be associated with them and their dirty reputation.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66
  • Upvote 1

So you're saying u want utsa as our rival???

And thanks again...my kid loved the game!

I don't want SMU as our rival .... I want to ignore their existence. They have ignored us forever... UTEP or UTSA will do ... or Rice. or Houston.

UNT vs. Rice or UTSA or Houston will put two major metropolitan areas against each other... and perhaps we should promote or encourage that publicly.

With the exception of smu, I treat the other universities in Texas with a degree of respect in my posts, no sense in making them hate us for what we say .

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66
  • Upvote 1