Bell Helicopter Armed Forces Bowl is on

UNT 90 Grad

I have never seen a player be ejected for 2 unsportsman-like conduct fouls. #33 has left the building.

I have. Back in 1982. Lester Harper (#60 on your program) was kicked out of the LaLa game after a couple of personal foul penalties. Back then you weren't automatically sent to the showers. But after Lester drew yet ANOTHER penalty because he was ranting and raving (Corbin Epps style) at the refs, Corkey sent him to the showers.

As intense and crazy as Lester Harper was, he was not a thug like #33 is for Middle Tenn. Bad representation for our conference.

Edited by SilverEagle

Man idk about anyone else at the game but the Navy fans around me sure are a classless bunch.

You can respect the Armed Forces and be thankful for their service, but most young enlisted sailors I've met (my cousin and all his friends ive met over the years) are mostly a bunch of loud cocky disrespectful assholes haha

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

That's because they should be in their rightful place as Karl Benson's flagship program. He saw them as the next Boise St who would bring major conference status to the Sunbelt.

So now, instead of enjoying basking in the palm fronds of an adoring commissioner, they find themselves in a watered down CUSA fighting for the thug role with San Antone.

First Karl was in love with MTSU and they left him. Then he was in love with WKU and they ditched him. Now he's in love with the Cajuns so y'all better get ready for them to join CUSA.

They are still promoting the Cajuns playing in the New Orleans Bowl on the website, twitter and facebook and you have to dig around to see any mention that AState is playing in a bowl.

First Karl was in love with MTSU and they left him. Then he was in love with WKU and they ditched him. Now he's in love with the Cajuns so y'all better get ready for them to join CUSA.

They are still promoting the Cajuns playing in the New Orleans Bowl on the website, twitter and facebook and you have to dig around to see any mention that AState is playing in a bowl.

I am so very sorry that you have to play under that guy. He sucks. He is to college football conferences as New Coke was to soft drinks, Gigli to cinema, Seven to Married with Children, sharks to Happy Days, Yoko to the Beatles, Delilah to Samson, orange juice to tooth paste, and sugar to gas tanks. He takes something that was perfectly good and ruins it.

• Upvote 1

Sounds about right.

I am so very sorry that you have to play under that guy. He sucks. He is to college football conferences as New Coke was to soft drinks, Gigli to cinema, Seven to Married with Children, sharks to Happy Days, Yoko to the Beatles, Delilah to Samson, orange juice to tooth paste, and sugar to gas tanks. He takes something that was perfectly good and ruins it.

He didn't screw up the MAC while he was there. Momma said if you can't say something nice...

But I've heard some hair-raising stories about the atrocious way he dealt with UNT and FIU when things were still up in the air in realignment basically assuming both were leaving and implying that the membership would be happier if you left. Then after FAU and MTSU go sent out a release with the records of the staying members vs. CUSA with the departees included.

He has complained to our AD about AState fans booing him last year when he presented the conference trophy after the MTSU beating. Our AD asked him what he expected when he suspended our best defensive player for targeting when the supervisor of officials had said a suspension wasn't warranted on the play and that email got leaked because he was too dumb to delete the supervisors comments when he sent his suspension decision to an email account subject to FOI. Karl's answer is he hired a new supervisor of officials.

When NMSU wanted back in AState, Louisiana, and Texas State wanted them as full members (ie. if you are taking their worst sport, why not take the ones they are good at) but WKU's president and Karl lobbied against full membership and so we get NMSU football only.

The ultimate though came as the season was wrapping up.

The league changed the football regulations. They now state that if there is tie for first both tied teams are guaranteed a bowl. Once ULL accepted the New Orleans bid he began lobbying GoDaddy to take WKU and tried to assure AState that the I-Bowl was taking us, but we've got big donor on the selection committee and he was telling us it was far from a done deal. Our AD pointed out that WKU couldn't accept GoDaddy because there was still a chance that AState would tie for the conference. He issued a press release saying those rules were merely guidelines and weren't binding and then moved them to a password protected part of the league website. Never mind that those non-binding guidelines permit the league fine a school if the school negotiates with a bowl directly. Our AD didn't negotiate, he started sending text messages to the director of the bowl with photos of AState fans lining the streets of Mobile and crowd shots from last year's game. The bowl invited us without waiting to see if did capture a share of the title (which we did do).

If Karl had been commissioner in 2001, MTSU would have gone to New Orleans.

It's crap man, total crap.

Edited by Arkstfan

ULL should have been in the first wave of CUSA's new members. Still can't quite figure that one out except I'm sure politics is at the top of the list as to why they are not......yet.

Can't understand why La Tech would not want a Louisiana based CUSA rivalry if they (in fact) do not.

ULL over ODU and Charlotte would have given CUSA a more established program with some pretty nice NCAA FBS venues. I just think Britt Banowsky was at panic stage at that point.

Just curious to see how the new 4 team play-off affects all of us in the G5.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

Emmitt and I sat behind the entire family of this guy...

TQLZNNQ.jpg

Good folks who drove in 10 hours from Tuscaloosa..

As usual this was a good bowl game. Lots of fanfare, a flyover, parachutists landing at mid field, a swearing-in of all the armed forces, R.Lee Ermey was on hand walking around thanking the wounded combat veterans in attendance for their service. Very cool. And I love navy's offense. So difficult to game plan against when you rarely if ever see or play against it.

Rick

• Upvote 1