An important message from RV regarding HOD tickets

Harry

I just spoke to RV regarding the issues surrounding the tickets and FedEx delivery.

They have identified and he is aware of the issue in regards to the mailing of the tickets and how they were distributed.

There was a miscommunication in the ticket office in regards to how the tickets would be delivered. RV apologized on behalf of the entire staff for any inconveniences this may have caused some of the fans. The entire athletic department is proactively trying to get in touch with everyone who could have been affected by this to get them their tickets and get things resolved to their satisfaction. They want only to make sure everyone gets their tickets and enjoys this bowl game.

IF YOU HAVE NOT YET RECEIVED YOUR TICKETS - you can contact the ticket office at 1-800-UNT-2366 but please understand that they have a limited number of phones and there are still a LOT of people still buying tickets for the game so there probably will be wait times. In addition to the phones, the following schedule will be in place for those wanting to pick up their tickets in person:

* The UNT Ticket office (@Apogee) will be open all day tomorrow (Saturday) (12-28)

* The UNT Ticket office (@Apogee) will be open all day Monday(12-30)

* The UNT Ticket office (@Apogee) will be open until noon on Tuesday (12-31)

* They will move the Ticket Office to the Omni Hotel Lobby from 3-5 on Tuesday afternoon (12-31)

* They will have tickets available for pickup at the NYE party at the Tower Club on New Years Eve (12-31)

* They will have a ticket table set up @7AM at the Cotton Bowl on gameday

In addition -- RV asked if anyone could not get the options above to work that you could email him personally at rick.villarreal@unt.edu and he and his support team would assist you in getting your tickets. He reiterated at the end of the phone call they were going to do everything they could do to make this right and get everyone their tickets as quickly as possible!

GMG!

To recap -- and this is Harry talking here -- the problem has been identified, they have apologized and they are providing a number of reasonable options for you to get your tickets in hand. I am absolutely 100% convinced that the athletic department is doing everything they possibly can to get this fixed. Please let's not cast stones on this situation and do everything we each can do to help. Please pass this message along to anyone you know who has ticket issues or concerns. GMG

I became concerned about our tickets after I read some of the comments that had been posted earlier in the day. I called the ticket office and spoke to a fellow there. He apologized for the problem and is sending them to me overnight by Fed Ex. There will be no cost to me for that shipment. On a side note, I asked if I needed to be present to sign for the tickets when they were delivered. My wife's family is having their Christmas event tomorrow afternoon and I was hoping for a positive response so that I would have an excuse to skip that wonderful affair. Unfortunately, the answer was that I did not have to be present for the tickets to be left at our house. Oh, well.......it was worth a shot.

• Upvote 3

I became concerned about our tickets after I read some of the comments that had been posted earlier in the day. I called the ticket office and spoke to a fellow there. He apologized for the problem and is sending them to me overnight by Fed Ex. There will be no cost to me for that shipment. On a side note, I asked if I needed to be present to sign for the tickets when they were delivered. My wife's family is having their Christmas event tomorrow afternoon and I was hoping for a positive response so that I would have an excuse to skip that wonderful affair. Unfortunately, the answer was that I did not have to be present for the tickets to be left at our house. Oh, well.......it was worth a shot.

Your wife doesn't have to know that :)
  • Upvote 1

HEART OF DALLAS BOWL TICKETS, BACKING OFF THOSE WHO GOOFED , AN INDIAN SUMMER KIND OF DAY ON NEW YEARS DAY AND................ A MEAN GREEN NEW YEAR RESOLUTION:

:bling: If I were a fan without tickets now I'd buy them at the Cotton Bowl (as I've been saying for weeks many will be doing anyway). That would allow the UNT ticket office to deal with last minute newbies without any further delays or having new or long time no see fans to wait on the phone (since few in our society today will not wait for long if they think they are getting brushed off with a "put on hold" customer service delay.

If you buy at the Cotton Bowl stadium on Game Day or alumnus friends of yours do, make sure they know to buy them at the east stadium ticket booths since North Texas fans will be sitting on that side.

UNT has done all they can do with this tickets goof up situation albeit was unfortunate, but consider backing off of them. They can't un-do what has happened. Best part of all this is it seems we have a rush for new ticket purchasers to me.

As some of us have been saying for awhile, I think HOD officials are going to be more than pleased with ticket purchases from a football program that still has had only 1 winning season over about 10 years.

:goodjob: This bowl game in Big D at the Cotton Bowl Stadium on close to (a projected) 60 degree day on New Years Day could not have come at a better time in North Texas Mean Green football history.

:abe: NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS AND A NO BRAINER MUST DO LIST FOR NORTH TEXAS FOOTBALL:

(1) WE MUST HAVE MULTI-SEASON WINNING STREAKS--no more 3 steps forward-5 steps back we've

mostly seen the past 30 yrs

(2) BEAT A NAME SCHOOL OR ONE THAT IS A PERENNIAL TOP 25 PROGRAM.

(3) OUR MEAN GREEN FOOTBALL TEAM STARTS SHOWING UP INSIDE TOP 25 POLLS

(4) AND GET OUR HOME ATTENDANCE UP SINCE THAT WILL SHOW OUR FOREVER LOCAL, STATE-WIDE AND REGIONAL CRITICS THAT WE ARE FOR REAL--NOT MERELY A FLASH IN THE PAN WHICH HAS BEEN MOSTLY WHAT THE MEDIA HAS EVER SEEN FROM DENTON.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If you buy them directly from UNT then we get credit for the tcket sale. Our sales are important for future bowl games

I've already got my tickets, Ret Faculty Fan, and that from a group of us all sitting together.

Only reason I'd say buy at the Cotton Bowl on Game Day would be for those outside Denton and throughout the state of Texas & beyond and especially in light of the confusion the last few days.

Those who buy on Game Day will (for the most part) I think all be wearing green or Mean Green gear so I think the HOD officials will see how large I really believe our UNT contingency will be once all is said and done. Now if they want to get all legalistic about all this as far as what ticket sales came from Denton as compared to Dallas or ticket outlets like Ticketron then that's their business of which we have no control.

I'd just bet HOD officials know that North Texas has more DFW area alums (200K plus) than even UT or Texas A & M and that some from that group will buy on Game Day for a game being played in a 93,000 seat stadium. Any salesmen dream is to have or to be able to create a sense of urgency to make a sale but because of the size of the Cotton Bowl stadium we never really had that part working for us with this bowl game.

In my heart of hearts and even in light of only 1 winning season the last almost 10 years, I still think our alums, students, faculty and fans will come thru on this by kick-off.

Good Almighty Lord, folks, never-mind all this destination city bunk because this is a bowl game being played on New Years Day at the historic Cotton Bowl Stadium. It's a a 1 hour drive, a half day drive or even just a one day trip for many of our fans across the great state of Texas most of whom would have never gone to Memphis en mass for a game at the Liberty Bowl where C-USA champion Rice is playing.

The UNT Ticket Office will be open next few days preceeding Game Day and that while school is closed for Christmas break, so those who will still can make the drive up to Denton during Apogee Stadium ticket office hours and buy (and get) their tickets on the spot.

The DFW media is giving us fair coverage thus far and that will only be enhanced closer to New Years Day. We caught a huge break with the projected Indian Summer Day of close to 60 degrees on Game Day, ie, New Years Day.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

There is no joy in Mudville! I just called the ticket office and my only option is to go to Will Call on game day to get my tickets (apparently along with hundreds of others). I'm sorry but this is total crap.

I was supposed to have paid an additional $10 for Fed Ex delivery but that option was never explained to me. I mistakenly thought that the extra $5 per ticket was for that purpose but it turns out that's just a processing fee. They also said that they couldn't use USPS because the university is technically closed.

My health makes it a real chore to do this anyway but I'll try to get one of my younger family members to stand in line for us. If that should fail I won't be there. I would've probably gotten better service through any of the discount tickets.

Sorry, for the rant. I probably shouldn't be posting while I'm still pissed. Just wanted to prepare any others that have this predicament. You may not come away pleased.

• Upvote 5

There is no joy in Mudville! I just called the ticket office and my only option is to go to Will Call on game day to get my tickets (apparently along with hundreds of others). I'm sorry but this is total crap.

I was supposed to have paid an additional $10 for Fed Ex delivery but that option was never explained to me. I mistakenly thought that the extra $5 per ticket was for that purpose but it turns out that's just a processing fee. They also said that they couldn't use USPS because the university is technically closed.

My health makes it a real chore to do this anyway but I'll try to get one of my younger family members to stand in line for us. If that should fail I won't be there. I would've probably gotten better service through any of the discount tickets.

Sorry, for the rant. I probably shouldn't be posting while I'm still pissed. Just wanted to prepare any others that have this predicament. You may not come away pleased.

The AD will have will call set up at the Omni Hotel on Monday and Tuesday. Monday is from 3-5 I think, but call and check. Hopefully this can work for you. Just a warning that they will want to see ID when you pick up the tickets, so if you are sending family members to get them, contact the ticket office by phone ahead of time and make arrangements (hopefully) so that a family member we can pick them up. Edited by UNT90

There is no joy in Mudville! I just called the ticket office and my only option is to go to Will Call on game day to get my tickets (apparently along with hundreds of others). I'm sorry but this is total crap.I was supposed to have paid an additional $10 for Fed Ex delivery but that option was never explained to me. I mistakenly thought that the extra $5 per ticket was for that purpose but it turns out that's just a processing fee. They also said that they couldn't use USPS because the university is technically closed.My health makes it a real chore to do this anyway but I'll try to get one of my younger family members to stand in line for us. If that should fail I won't be there. I would've probably gotten better service through any of the discount tickets.Sorry, for the rant. I probably shouldn't be posting while I'm still pissed. Just wanted to prepare any others that have this predicament. You may not come away pleased.

I am attending the New Year's event at the Tower Club and would be happy to pick up your tickets for you...could meet you at the pre-game tailgate to hand them over. Just PM me with your cell and I'll get you mine as well....we can let the AD know that I am picking up for you. Would this help at all? Happy to help...goes for anyone else as well who might have problems with any of the options presented. Mean Green Nation can work this out together. Let me know GrayEagle...or anyone else needing help.

I will also be in town (Denton) on the 31st and could run by the ticket office for you...if we could somehow let them know I am picking up for you...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I'm in the same boat, I was told on 12/17 when I bought them that they would be mailed to me via the USPS. When I called them yesterday to find out what happened they told me I would now have to pick them up. So now I can either spend an hour and a half driving to Denton/Omni and back or skip tailgating to stand in the Will Call line on game day. All of this could of been avoided with a 47 cent stamp if the ticket office would of mailed them like they told me they would. I would email RV and I'm sure he will make it right for you.

P.S. I really thought our program was far enough along where we could handle something as simple as mailing tickets. I understand why everyone wants to sweep this under the rug or point fingers as someone else (FedEx), but this program is not going to move forward unless we hold people accountable for incompetence.

• Upvote 5

Seems everyone needs to learn how to win....teams, fans and administration. Hopefully, this is the first of a long bowl run. Very few folks in the administration have ever experienced a bowl game and the fewer days between selection and games than in the past. Plus, the Mean Green fan base seems to be turning out in greater numbers than what our season experience would have indicated. Then, you add the Fed Ex fiasco....

Learning experiences all around for all concerned. Pretty darn bumpy road this time...let's hope next year brings another bowl and that the learning curve for everyone is not a steep one.

Winning brings new challenges...at least they are associated with increased demand and increased support. The ticketing process seems to have broken down a good bit, but also seems folks are doing what they can to try to alleviate the situation. Looks like "all hands on deck" at the ticket office. Hopefully next year's bowl run-up for the Mean Green will go much more smoothly for all concerned.

Learning to win is not easy it seems...

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

After talking with Darius this morning, learned the shipment by FedEx which I had chosen didn't happen. I'm on my way from Euless to Apogee ticket office right now (noon, Sat, Dec. 28) to pick mine up. If there's any way I can help anyone, call me at 817-715-0768, or email me at adwaynetaylor@gmail.com.

• Upvote 2

I'm in the same boat, I was told on 12/17 when I bought them that they would be mailed to me via the USPS. When I called them yesterday to find out what happened they told me I would now have to pick them up. So now I can either spend an hour and a half driving to Denton/Omni and back or skip tailgating to stand in the Will Call line on game day. All of this could of been avoided with a 47 cent stamp if the ticket office would of mailed them like they told me they would. I would email RV and I'm sure he will make it right for you.

P.S. I really thought our program was far enough along where we could handle something as simple as mailing tickets. I understand why everyone wants to sweep this under the rug or point fingers as someone else (FedEx), but this program is not going to move forward unless we hold people accountable for incompetence.

I'm afraid this is what's going to end up costing us Coach Mac. Not this specific incident, but the overall incompetence. There's likely more things that we never see that will begin to frustrate him until he finally has enough.

I hope this isn't the case, but usually where there's smoke, there's fire.

• Upvote 3

I'm afraid this is what's going to end up costing us Coach Mac. Not this specific incident, but the overall incompetence. There's likely more things that we never see that will begin to frustrate him until he finally has enough.

I hope this isn't the case, but usually where there's smoke, there's fire.

You only get one chance to make a strong impression in most big businesses, but having a nice, co-op, non-profitish feel where we don't take ourselves too seriously or plan too much is also nice. Makes it feel more like we all have a say in things - just like the Green Bay Packers or Danny Almonte's Little League team.

• Upvote 1

having a nice, co-op, non-profitish feel where we don't take ourselves too seriously or plan too much is also nice. Makes it feel more like we all have a say in things - just like the Green Bay Packers or Danny Almonte's Little League team.

I'll try to keep this in mind when I am standing in the UNT Will Call line New Year's Day morning watching an 80 year old lady fumble through various shoe boxes full of tickets that she set-up on a folding card table in some dark corner of the Cotton Bowl. I'm sure there will be a cozy County fair feeling to the whole thing.

• Upvote 5