Pistons send Tony Mitchell to D-League

Tree

Mitchell wasn't the problem last year. The problem was the expectations of the faithful. I know that alot of you folks like to blame the coach for last year but a great player will win you some games in spite of the coach and that didn't happen. Mitchell needed another year in school and I'm not sure that would have been enough. Lets hope that Mitchell can improve and have a good career in the NBA or overseas.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Seems this was predicted by several earlier in the year.

He needs playing time and he'll get plenty in the D-League (exactly where he needs to be) to hone his NBA potential skills. This is a great move by the Pistons and it is a move for the future of both Mitchell AND the Pistons. I believe the Pistons see good things for Mitchell once he develops an NBA game, and he'll get plenty of opportunity to do that in the D-League as opposed to sitting on the Pistons bench for the majority of time.

If you wish the best for TM, then you know this is the right move at the right time. Heck, he may even be back up before the year is over after getting some consistent playing time and more hands on coaching than the Piston's staff could afford to give him.

Good move for all concerned...the proper move as well.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Please dont get mad at this comment, but what i have heard from people on the ground level with Tony is that he has a pretty bad attitude and that it affects his game.. and thats part of the reason that our season sucked last year was because Benford couldnt handle it or didnt handle it.

Of course that's what you heard.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Please dont get mad at this comment, but what i have heard from people on the ground level with Tony is that he has a pretty bad attitude and that it affects his game.. and thats part of the reason that our season sucked last year was because Benford couldnt handle it or didnt handle it.

Not much has changed this season.

Please enlighten us to this season's troublemakers...

• Upvote 3

Considering more and more of the players are his guys, Benford can't trot out that line anymore.

Did Benford ever trot out that line? Has he played the "my guys...his guys stuff"? Don't recall him ever publicly doing so, but perhaps you have seen that somewhere other than some random opinion on a sports blog. A quote directly from Benford perhaps? Can you find that for us? Inquiring minds would like to know.

I personally do not recall Benford talking trash about his own players...whether he recruited them or not.

Obviously could be wrong about that, and you might have that info available as you try to follow the team pretty closely from LA. And, unlike some on this board, I am open to the possibility that he might have done something that I have not experienced seeing him do...so....help?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3