Name to remember: DE Benjamin Banogu, Prosper

Harry

You may recall we have an offensive lineman on the roster from Prosper names Michael Banogu. Big guy, 6-5' 300, he must have been injured because I saw him on the sidelines in his jersey but no pads. He transferred in from Arkansas Tech.

Well he has a brother at Prosper named Benjamin who plays defensive end at 6-3.5, 230 who just was named honorable mention all state 4A defense. Listed with offers from ULM and Montana State. This kid does not need to play his football at Monroe, or freeze his butt off in Montana. He needs to rejoin his brother at UNT. VERY impressive film -- check out his HUDL link below.. Kid could be a MONSTER if he keeps growing. If we don't have a spot offer him a gray shirt or tell him he will get one as soon as there is an opening (there will be there always is which is why we don't have a bunch to give this year).

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/2364064/benjamin-banogu

http://247sports.com/Player/Benjamin-Banogu-37154

I am trying to link his Rivals page, but it appears the link option has changed and is not allowing me to perform this function. Anyway, it also lists offers from Central Arkansas and Eastern Kentucky. His 247 profile shows he doesn't have much interest in La-Mo or Montana St. I wonder if our coaches have already talked to him about gray-shirting.

Coached against him this year. Two things come to mind, 1 no doubt this kid is a freak athlete and has the ability to play at the next level. 2 He was a 1/4 guy as we called him. Make 1 play take 4 off. I am not saying his talent isn't D1 talent, but his effort was not UNT effort, at least under Mac.

Coached against him this year. Two things come to mind, 1 no doubt this kid is a freak athlete and has the ability to play at the next level. 2 He was a 1/4 guy as we called him. Make 1 play take 4 off. I am not saying his talent isn't D1 talent, but his effort was not UNT effort, at least under Mac.

All the more reason for his mom to want him under his brothers wing. I believe his brother was one of a few to get his stripes taken off so he must have something and be motivated.

• 4 years later...
On 12/23/2013 at 11:36 PM, Harry said:

You may recall we have an offensive lineman on the roster from Prosper names Michael Banogu. Big guy, 6-5' 300, he must have been injured because I saw him on the sidelines in his jersey but no pads. He transferred in from Arkansas Tech.

Well he has a brother at Prosper named Benjamin who plays defensive end at 6-3.5, 230 who just was named honorable mention all state 4A defense. Listed with offers from ULM and Montana State. This kid does not need to play his football at Monroe, or freeze his butt off in Montana. He needs to rejoin his brother at UNT. VERY impressive film -- check out his HUDL link below.. Kid could be a MONSTER if he keeps growing. If we don't have a spot offer him a gray shirt or tell him he will get one as soon as there is an opening (there will be there always is which is why we don't have a bunch to give this year).

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/2364064/benjamin-banogu

http://247sports.com/Player/Benjamin-Banogu-37154

Harry, you have an eye for talent. It's too bad Coach Mac didn't always have the same eye.

15BEN BANOGU
  • HEIGHT

6-4
  • WEIGHT

• CLASS

Senior
  • HOMETOWN

McKinney, Texas
  • HIGH SCHOOL

ULM

CAREER HONORS
- 2017 Big 12 Defensive Newcomer of the Year