10Eagle10

"Worst New Orleans Bowl Ever: North Texas 24, Cincinnati 19 in 2002. Just 19,024 fans showed up in the 76,000-seat Superdome to see the 7-5 Mean Green take a 24-7 lead on the 7-6 Bearcats, and hang on."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--dashing-through-the-college-football-bowl-season-154321728.html

other quotes from the article:

"Now the end is in sight, so we're willing to embrace the mangy likes of the Heart of Dallas Bowl"

"Heart of Dallas Bowl (28): North Texas vs. UNLV, Jan. 1.

Watchability (scale of 1-5): 1. Don't waste your remote batteries. If the Rose Bowl is the Granddaddy of Them All, this is the unwanted orphan of New Year's Day bowls."

"Dash Pick: North Texas 32, UNLV 21. Mean Green is 3-3 against 2013 bowl teams. Rebels are 1-4. North Texas defense is the best unit in the game, and if quarterback Derek Thompson doesn't turn the ball over UNT should win comfortably."

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I can't believe he said that '02 game was the worst. Even if he wanted to include us (since we are a punching bag as of late), the 2001 game where we were blown out by 25 seems the obvious choice.

agreed

sadly, the article had originally said that north texas was in de soto...

"Motivation Meter: Presumably plenty high. A de facto home game for the Mean Green from De Soto. And a bowl game, period, for either team is exciting. It's been nine years for North Texas and 13 for UNLV."

just, wow. he is the same guy who rated all of the 3rd year coaches in FBS a month or so ago and forgot one...Coach Mac

• Upvote 3

Writer strikes me as a big 10 homer with a big case of non-bcs school hatred. Having said that, I disagree with his best BCS champ game, it was the Texas-USC Rose bowl without question.

Texas-USC was a Rose Bowl game as you mentioned, and it is listed as the best Rose Bowl ever

His best BCS Nat'l Champ game refers to games known as the national championship (which began in 2007). In 2005, there was no national championship game; the Rose Bowl served as a national championship game but was still known as the Rose Bowl, not "BCS champ game."

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Texas-USC was a Rose Bowl game as you mentioned, and it is listed as the best Rose Bowl ever

His best BCS Nat'l Champ game refers to games known as the national championship (which began in 2007). In 2005, there was no national championship game; the Rose Bowl served as a national championship game but was still known as the Rose Bowl, not "BCS champ game."

My mistake, I was thinking that was a BCS champ game but it was the last season before the BCS champ game started.

• Upvote 1

Wasn't that 2001, CMJ?

Yes, that was the conversation...I said he probably should have picked the '01 game since we got blown out....then it was brought up that game also had a smaller crowd than '02...then i said we also had a losing record.

So, 2001 seems like the obvious choice for worst NOB. It was a blowout, where one team had a losing record, with a small crowd.

This just in, Yahoo is reportedly the worst search engine and pseudo news source on the internet. Our sources confirm that Yahoo is even worse than Ask Jeeves and an original encyclopedia. At the time of press, no one on the internet stated that they turn to Yahoo for their first source of news and our sources laughed when asked whether Yahoo is an efficient search engine.

Yahoo was not available for comment.

Want to stop this kind of thing from happening?

We have a great opportunity the first game next year. Until we win a game of that magnitude, it will be more of the same.

This.

Hell, we got more buzz from only losing to Georgia by 24 points than we did for any of our victories, including a Ball State win that should've got more buzz than it ever got.

95% of the College Football Media and Fandom follows AQ powers. If you want their coverage and respect, you have to compete closely with them and beat them every so often. See Boise State, TCU, Fresno State, and the old Southern Miss teams from years ago--those were/are your annual non-AQ darlings almost every year.