UNT vs. UNLV Line stays at 6.5

Harry

UNLV may have advantages offensively with a solid run game and more capable passing attack. Caleb Herring posted a stellar 22-4 TD-to-INT ratio and also showed the ability to run the football. I also like that UNLV did a good job taking care of the football with only 13 turnovers lost. That's an important stat considering North Texas posted the nation's fourth most takeaways with 32. And in NT's two most impressive wins (Ball State and Rice) they were +6 in TO margin. It is pretty formulaic – if UNLV doesn't cough up the football, the gap between these two squads is minimal.

After looking closely at this matchup, my opinion hasn't changed much. I like and respect both teams and while North Texas has a few fundamental edges, this isn't a "class difference" type game. I think it is telling that the contest opened 6.5 at CRIS and Pinny and hasn't budged much if any offshore or in Vegas – not unusual as early bettors like to key in on motivational angles. As mentioned, both teams obviously excited to be in this position. Probably a lot of bettors, including myself, that hope to see a good old fashion +7 at some point. Not sure we'll get there but I'll be a buyer if it happens.

read more: http://www.sportsmemo.com/blogs/view/?name=Heart-of-Dallas-Betting-Preview:-UNLV-Rebels-vs-North-Texas-Mean-Green&blog_id=14090&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter