Wayland Baptist (12/21/13)

CMJ

Sorry. There was a post earlier that said the line was around 5 points and I thought someone took it serious and lowered the expectations.

Just tired of lowered expectations being an excuse on here.

Wrong UNT sport, dude. Lowered expectations was football.

Basketball excuses are college players having sex with co-eds, facial expressions, and players just simply not caring enough to win.

• Upvote 1

What ? You have a different opinion than me ? .. I should call you a name or tell you how stupid you are!!! Isn't that how this works??

Only in bowl attendance threads! Lol.

But I guess instead of arguing about IF we suck, we could argue about HOW BAD we suck?

Name calling worthy?

Yup. Pretty ugly. Will be lucky to win a conference game.

In the post game interview, Benny claimed there wasn't a great team in CUSA. There were some good teams, but he expected us to compete and steal some games.

I highly there are no "great" teams in our conference. And even IF there aren't, you should expect them to win, not just compete. :headbang:

I thought the interesting thing Benfotd said after the game was how Chris is their only true point guard and how badly the need him distributing the ball.

Chris came in as a true freshman and played big for us until his academic suspension. He has had injuries and hasn't been the same since.

I remember a couple of plays Chris made this season against Oklahoma and he looked like he belonged there on the court with the Sooners in spurts.

I think if Chris gets healthy and plays like he is capable of it could be Benford's salvation this season.

For us also? It wasn't listed on our schedule by Yahoo, but it is Yahoo.

I would be feeling really good about the bet if this win didn't count.

Win number 7 baby! Three to go. :-). Still not feeling confident.

Yes, this was an NAIA team, but it's a pretty darn good NAIA team. Those guys played hard and hit some big shots. It was good to see all the "we support the players" folks in attendance....oh, sorry did not see many players supporters in the stands today. Wondering how much the players appreciated all the support they got from the folks who were not there? I am sure they felt the love though.

Wondering how many conference wins we see if UNT knocks down ZERO three pointers in conference?

Question...could these guys be waiting for conference to get fired up a bit and start playing to anywhere near their potential? Way too much athleticism for the results to be as they are so far. I have to admit, it is greeting to be a bit of a challenge to watch these things.

It's tough to watch long time fans leave at the end of the women's game and not return for the men's game and to hear another fan explain that a friend of ours who is not attending is not going to be coming at all much this year...sigh!

Bottom line...win number 7. I keep recalling the folks who have said...just win. Well, this was just a win.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Big picture...it wasn't

Yes, yes it was. See, when you don't attend the games you can't even figure out which team won. Yep...it's win number 7. Big picture, small picture, no picture...win number 7 in the books.

And, with what I have seen, yes, in person, from this team this year...any win is a good win!

• Upvote 1

Funny, Chris Jones doesnt seem to agree with Benfords sentiments of being a PG and distributing. He retweeted a tweet where a fan said he wished Beford would let Chris score more and not make him only a passer. I don't know how to embed or even copy that link in as I only use twitter on my iPhone so.. someone else find it. Gracias

• Upvote 2

I think Cal St Riverside beats us by double digits and A&M thoroughly embarrasses us on New Years Eve.

Serious question. Do we win another game?

We have a chance to beat both teams. SFA is leaps and bounds better then Texas A&M. We will get it together. We have no choice at this point. We should have won by 30 but I have no clue what happened because I was not there. We need to get it together soon!

• Upvote 1

Funny, Chris Jones doesnt seem to agree with Benfords sentiments of being a PG and distributing. He retweeted a tweet where a fan said he wished Beford would let Chris score more and not make him only a passer. I don't know how to embed or even copy that link in as I only use twitter on my iPhone so.. someone else find it. Gracias

We need him to be a point guard! We have plenty of players who can score. We need a solid PG to lead our team and distribute the ball.

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 1