Josh Greer talks about decision to commit to UNT

Harry

It’s official now.

Josh Greer is on board with UNT.

The former Arlington standout, who made stops at UAB and Navarro JC, confirmed this afternoon that he committed to UNT.

Greer also had offers from Florida International and Georgia State.

Greer was recruited by Mike Canales and Mike Grant and has three years of eligibility remaining.

“Ever since I was in high school, I liked North Texas,” Greer said. “I enjoyed my visit. The final selling point for me was coach Canales. He sealed it and made me feel like North Texas is the best place for me.”

Read more: http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/2013/12/greer-talks-about-decision-to-commit-to-unt.html/

Guys, I hate to look a gift horse in the mouth, but why the big whoop for a QB whose other choices were FIU and Georgia State? What am I missing ?

He had offers from UCF, UNT, and Memphis in addition to UAB out of high school.

Juco QBs typically don't get the same kind of attention that HS QBs get. Not to mention that he hasn't really had the opportunity to increase his stock since HS.

Edited by Mean Green 93-98
  • Upvote 1

He had offers from UCF, UNT, and Memphis in addition to UAB out of high school.

Juco QBs typically don't get the same kind of attention that HS QBs get. Not to mention that he hasn't really had the opportunity to increase his stock since HS.

I swear that I recall Pitt made a recent late offer but I might be mis-remembering or confusing with another prospect.

There was interest from big 12 schools and started pick up steam recruiting late but he needed to make a decision now since he's transferring mid term.

All 3 of our scholarship QB have less than 2 games of expierience which McNulty was the only one who started when DT was injured. That game at Tulsa McNulty was thrown to the wolves.

I just see McNulty as a career backup or a possible h back to replace prior. Not a big enough arm but a smart football player.

Means will be a redshirt so we can save that convo until next season.

Brock is the biggest question mark. The quad injury really really set him back in spring practice. I would of thought he would of taken over 2nd string sometime during the season which was not the case unless Canales does not fluctuate 2/3 string during the season.

If Dajon and Brock stay healthy it will be one hell of a QB duel for starter against Greer

I think Brock Berglund is gone. I don't think McCarney likes Berglund. He will transfer to a D-AA school where he can play right away.

Hope Brock is not leaving, but it would not be a total surprise. I hope whoever is able to come out on top is legit. While DT was frustrating at times, he will not be easy to replace.

If you tell me that our QB play will be better next year, then we have a heck of a season to look forward to.

Hope Brock is not leaving, but it would not be a total surprise. I hope whoever is able to come out on top is legit. While DT was frustrating at times, he will not be easy to replace.

If you tell me that our QB play will be better next year, then we have a heck of a season to look forward to.

Pretty sure he has a girlfriend and likes it here and what not. Don't know if that means he is for sure staying, but things like that factor in.

But I agree with everything you said. It's just interesting that we'd have 5 qbs and I'm pretty sure Mac has said he only wants 4 qbs on scholarship at a time. Not to mention none of the 5 would be seniors. In the words of Arte Johnson, veeeery interesting

• Upvote 1

https://twitter.com/BeGreat8/status/412737858709897216

FCS transfer is only applicable on your first transfer. After you transfer once you cannot then transfer to a FCS and play right away.

I thought BB went FBS/FBS/JC/NT in an accelerated manner. God forbid, because I still have hope for the guy here, but are you saying that a move to Northern Colorado or somewhere for two years is out of the question? Two years here, or two years FCS is the way I've been reading it. If there is only a one year FCS possibility, I would think that his chances of staying here are a bit higher.

• Upvote 1