A little birdie told me

Dr. Seuss

Saban has been offered a 10 year 120 million dollar contract from UT. This is coming from my parents CPA who is a big UT alum, but has bigger friends... We'll see if it's true but that's quite a bit of money for a coach

Insanity. But then again pro athletes have salaries that are even more insane. I know they can't use Permanent Fund proceeds "directly" for this, but when is someone going to challenge the constitutionality of their receiving 2/3rd's of the fund? Seems like the Aggies would challenge at some point since they only receive half as much as Texas.

Saban has been offered a 10 year 120 million dollar contract from UT. This is coming from my parents CPA who is a big UT alum, but has bigger friends... We'll see if it's true but that's quite a bit of money for a coach

I think this is like Saban contract rumor # 100,000. Nobody even knows if there is a true number. No matter what he will be the highest paid coach next year end of story. Time to leave the numbers speculation up to those crazy Bama and UT fans.

I for one can't wait to see the meltdown in either Austin or Bama. It's going to be classic and legendary.

• Upvote 1

Well we do play them next year. I think Sabans first year at Bama they went 6-6,though. I remember watching them play at the Independence Bowl.

True. We do play them. All these rumors are great for Saban's contract negotiations at Alabama. I'm just sick of hearing about Saban and Texas on TV. Especially when I'm on the treadmill at the gym.

Honestly, who cares?

Honestly, we all should. If schools like them, and the people who ran them had their way, schools like ours would no longer field a football team. A SMALL consolation prize would be to create a different division. But make no mistake, if they could, they'd get our program shut down.

Honestly, we all should. If schools like them, and the people who ran them had their way, schools like ours would no longer field a football team. A SMALL consolation prize would be to create a different division. But make no mistake, if they could, they'd get our program shut down.

That is an assumption that is based on them caring about schools like ours. Why in the heck would they care about shutting down our program? Because we steal their recruits? No. Because we cut into their piggy bank? No. Because we take their coaches? No. Because we are a threat to their spot at the top of the hill? No. Hell, they even pay us to kick the crap out of us. They aren't trying nor wanting to shut our program down. They may get their own league again which would relegate us to the D1AA equivalent. Which would make me stop watching college football ever again. Seriously, I would stop watching college football for good. Edited by UNTexas
  • Upvote 1

They want more money, plain and simple. They would do ANYTHING they can get away with. They wold love to take players or Non AQ schools. Doesn't mean they would play them, but they would be able to pick the gems and discard the rest. If people like you and me didn't have a school like North Texas to watch and cheer for, they assume we would become fans of their schools. More viewers mean more money and more t-shirt fans means more merchandise sales.

"More viewers mean more money and more t-shirt fans means more merchandise sales." This would be true, for my favorite NFL team. They'd get my money and time. If they split leagues then I am a season ticket holder at Jerry World and my Saturdays are eternally free. My girls enjoy UNT Soccer and Basketball more anyway because we can sit so close. College football politics are making me dislike it as an entity. I'll always love our team but I don't want to see us go through the 80s and early 90s again. I just couldn't stomach it.

Edited by UNTexas