Stephen F. Austin (12/15/13)

CMJ

I really think we do too. Vaughn's looks good, Taylor looks good, Voss has looked capable, Gaines looks like he could do some things in close. But they don't look like a team. They just look like players. Across the board we might have just as much ability as we've had in the past 4 years. It's just not coming together and there's no freshmen now to even be building chemistry with for the future.

If you had told me two years ago when were hanging out in the house in Hot Springs that this would happen...would any of us believed it? :thumbdown:

• Upvote 1

I attended my first basketball game at UNT in over 30 years, just moved back to the area. What I saw yesterday was not good. I saw two of our players just standing in one place on the side court and did not move. Do we not know how to shoot a jump shot? Everything seemed to be a drive to the basket. To lose by 30 in basketball is not a good sign. We were out of the game it the first few minutes. Maybe it will get better but it can't get any worse. I think there were more sfa fans at the game than UNT fans. I saw the president of the university and the athletic director leave at half time. I should have left also but I wanted to show my support to the players.

I attended my first basketball game at UNT in over 30 years, just moved back to the area. What I saw yesterday was not good. I saw two of our players just standing in one place on the side court and did not move. Do we not know how to shoot a jump shot? Everything seemed to be a drive to the basket. To lose by 30 in basketball is not a good sign. We were out of the game it the first few minutes. Maybe it will get better but it can't get any worse. I think there were more sfa fans at the game than UNT fans. I saw the president of the university and the athletic director leave at half time. I should have left also but I wanted to show my support to the players.

I am also very tired of the same game plan for driving to the basket every single player. We had multiple wide open 3s that we passed up on and no one is working off the ball.

It is obvious that NT is horrible, but they are really showed up by disciplined teams. See BYU, SFU and even a Northwood. NT has the athletics to play with a lot of teams, but not the teamwork to match anyone. Once they get behind by 10 or so they lose all team concepts and whoever gets the ball on offense usually plays one against the opponent ball.

It is even more evident than last year, that Benford is not the man. This reported "us against the world" stance should be the last straw.

All AD's make bad hires, but good ones correct their mistakes.

• Upvote 3

It is even more evident than last year, that Benford is not the man. This reported "us against the world" stance should be the last straw.

All AD's make bad hires, but good ones correct their mistakes.

It was quoted, not just reported .

And yes, the real sin here is not the hire. The sin is refusing to admit a mistake and then allowing rumors to be leaked about player conduct (you know, because having sex with coeds obviously affects team chemistry) and then going on a pod cast and adding credence to those rumors by saying (and I paraphrase here) "there was a lot going on with the players last year that people just don't know about", and saying it at the start of the new season as an excuse for the season before.

There is a whole lot to be disappointed in here. I hope some that believed the rumors can now clearly see it was a terrible attempt at misplacing blame.

"there was a lot going on with the players last year that people just don't know about", and saying it at the start of the new season as an excuse for the season before.

While I know some things that were pretty major with one player on the team... it didn't explain for all of them. Really, a major thing that happened (the only one I know of) was only to one player. And it was over mid-way through the season.