Stephen F. Austin (12/15/13)

CMJ

You could be realistic about our coach. We both know that neither will happen

I think I have been pretty realistic. If he ends to take a sit or be removed so be it but imam not going to go ringing the bells and singing praises because a man loses his job.

The man's buyout will hardly prevent him from being able to put food on his family's plate.

I think I have been pretty realistic. If he ends to take a sit or be removed so be it but imam not going to go ringing the bells and singing praises because a man loses his job.

The man's buyout will hardly prevent him from being able to put food on his family's plate.

No one wants to see someone lose their job. If given te option every fan here would hope that benford could win and earn the right to keep that job. He knows the business, and I'm sure there will always be an assistants job somewhere for him. No need for a holier than thou attitude. Everyone knows what the stakes are.

He'll have no problems feeding his babies

THAT is what you are worried about? How about losing our fans, or ruining the program and sending it back to the Trilli days?

I would assume true fans would just hold on. I always have and will in both football and basketball. Student base seems to be more inconsistent then the alumni.

• Downvote 3

I would assume true fans would just hold on. I always have and will in both football and basketball. Student base seems to be more inconsistent then the alumni.

And you assume we have enough "true" fans to "hold on"? Fact is we don't. Im guessing you weren't around during the Trilli days?

I agree with a lot of what you write but Alzee is having a fantastic year on the offensive end.

A few weeks ago I talked about taking the ball to the basket and how bad it is, I got blasted and was told oh with this new foul rule and blah blah blah. We pass on a lot of open shots and then drive the ball to the lane. It's an awful approach and that might be Benfords game plan. If it is then that is on him for that poor choice.

So many things can go wrong when you attack the basket. Injuries, missing shots and not drawing fouls. Getting beat back on defense as well. A good look from 3 has one bad side you miss it. And even so you look for the long rebound. Statistics say the offense has a better chance to rebound a missed three then a wild lay up in the paint. The odds tell you to pull the three of the pass or cut in off a screen and shoot at the elbow. We do neither and this may be part of Benfords game plan that needs to change.

If there were only someone related to the team with the responsibility to figure these things out.

Oh we'll, I guess until there is it is up to us on the message board to figure it out.

And you assume we have enough "true" fans to "hold on"? Fact is we don't. Im guessing you weren't around during the Trilli days?

I was. I still enjoyed going to the games back int the orange seat days. I was very young but I did hang around. It's just the sport for me. I enjoy it I guess.

I was. I still enjoyed going to the games back int the orange seat days. I was very young but I did hang around. It's just the sport for me. I enjoy it I guess.

It was fun to heckle back then when I was a Talon, but you can't sit there with a straight face and tell me that that was more fun than after Johnny had started building the program back up.

And don't these players deserve better than a lost coach who throws them under the bus?