Heart of Dallas Bowl Ticket Options

shaft

This my be unpopular, but I'll probably just do what I did the last 2 years and buy my tickets off a 3rd party site about a week before the game. I understand that buying through UNT helps the school, but if I can save an extra 40-50 bucks and still have an excellent seat, then I'm going to take it.

Do what you have to do...just be there in green...

• Upvote 4

Eric Capper just tweeted that we have sold less than 10k tickets thus far. I expect the deal sites to start any day now.

We're about to embarrass ourselves on ESPNU.

So disappointing. We're loud online but can't show up. Our fanbase isn't different than Texas State. I'm pissed and let down.

Edited by meangreener
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 9

I have not seen one thing through my UNT email from the University talking about the bowl game. NOT ONE THING. I think anyone in our athletic office who is in any way shape form or fashion related to marketing they should be fired, and replaced immediately. I am also disappointed that no plans have been announced they have had over a week to get things ironed out and get information out there. I am currently VERY disappointed in our athletic office.

• Upvote 5

I have not seen one thing through my UNT email from the University talking about the bowl game. NOT ONE THING. I think anyone in our athletic office who is in any way shape form or fashion related to marketing they should be fired, and replaced immediately. I am also disappointed that no plans have been announced they have had over a week to get things ironed out and get information out there. I am currently VERY disappointed in our athletic office.

Same here. Whereas my current school, UH, has sent me multiple e-mails already telling me about the game.

Start blasting joeblow@my.unt.edu emails!

Idk, I'm a student and I see tons of stuff from UNT in my email about the bowl. Not to mention it's the talk on campus. You'd have to live under a rock and go to class blind and deaf to not know we were bowling. Hell, the provost goes "We're bowling! Get your tickets! Go Mean Green!" at commencement.

Edited by meangreener
  • Upvote 5

I've said it before, UNT is awful with marketing and using social media to promote events.

Well, North Texas needs to get "un-awful" pretty damn fast because we know others already have--some who are fellow conference-mates.

I hope this new UNT prez will put a few feet to the fire so we don't get left behind like we did in the Sun Belt our last almost decade in that league. Then.....enter the extended contracts to perserve all of this? :(

:bling: Sorry,mates,that I have to be so blunt but you wake up one morning, you're suddenly 63 freakin' years old, add Type 2 "D" onto that and then you look back only to see that our alma mater's athletic program has for the most part been squandered for many of our entire adult lives. Hardly what any of us had in mind. You find 1 positive for every 100 negatives and then.........enter the vaunted extended contracts?

This One Deserves An Extended Contract--Don't Blow It, North Texas: Dan McCarney has been a godsend but we haven't seen too many ancillerary staff angels helping him out that much in Denton in ticket sales/promotions and then we're told low ticket sales over the years are suddenly all our alum's faults when most all of us have already purchased our tickets? Talk about your all time classic case of pass the buck.

An End'er: It's an amazing concept but most NCAA FBS schools hire and keep effective season tickets sales and marketing staffs and at schools like North Texas...............they don't get their jobs done by sitting around very comfortable offices playing on their laptops while philosophizing about how they wish more fans would come in and buy based on the non- success of this athletic program for most of the last 30 years.

Again, sorry I have to be so blunt...it comes with age and disappointment I suppose.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

Now now, be fair. The Christmas holiday started Dec 1st for the marketing folks.

Define team...

Would a staff of about 3 and some student interns count?

Exactly. I hope we use this new influx of CUSA money from TV and bowls as "seed money" to amp up marketing and promotions instead of just dumping it into a discretionary/general athletics fund. $1 million a year in promotions could yield a huge return monetarily as well as the feel-good issues like attendance and involvement. I know some of you distributed posters this year, and on top of that the fact is those of us who are passionate have lent our time, when possible, to volunteer to market for a day...week...month...season...you get the idea...for lord knows how many years. Spend a million bucks wisely and you can get back 4 or 5 million that year plus some fans and alumni that will stick with you forever.

On the upside...I'm in Phoenix and I've been promoting it and filled 4 seats already, with a few more on the fence. If we all continue to do our part, we may not fill the Cotton Bowl, but we have a good shot at hitting the sweet spot of 50K total attendees. Facebook, Twitter, email, phone, or chase down on foot everybody you know that might be persuaded to head to the HoD on January 1st!

Edited by JesseMartin

Hmmm. I've received 4.

Posted this yesterday on another thread but a North Texas alum told me just yesterday that he got his quarterly North Texan magazine in his mail box......yesterday.

Our fellow alum also said on the back page of the North Texan was nothing but HOD Bowl game promotions and how alums could get their tickets for the game. This is huge since thousands of our alums all over Texas and even the world receive the North Texan.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Interesting thought. I am in the Mean Green Club and have not received any information about the game. No big deal considering I am in for 4 tickets, but if they aren't reaching out to the Mean Green Club, then who are they targeting? I emailed Jessica this morning asking the same question.

Just as an FYI, I received a call yesterday from the ticket office informing me about ticket options since I am a season ticket holder and haven't ordered tickets yet (ordered them with my brother instead of making two calls for tickets and so we can sit together). I thought this was a good way to get to everyone who already buys tickets. Not a complete solution to the problem, but not a bad place to start.

Edited by forevereagle
  • Upvote 1