UNT student discount information on Wednesday

Sig381

I'm not a current student, but I sure hope there's some advantage given to those who've attended games throughout the season.

I'm not sure the details of how they've been tracking that info (in a world that continually moves toward data collection, surely they have) but a steeply discounted ticket risks losing financial investment on the part of the student opening the possibility of a no-show. Best way to counter that risk seems to favor those who've invested the time, energy, and emotion throughout the year.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Plus all the commuter students won"t have to drive as far for this homegame........

• Upvote 2

Be nice if UNT could match the same price UNLV has made possible for their students. Of course, UNLV will not have near as many students take em' up on that $20 offer as we would with our enrollment differences and distance comparisons to Big D for each student body, too.

If they hadn't done this, UNT needs to convince (beg?) the HOD Bowl people to have 2 or 3 designated ticket windows at the Cotton Bowl stadium on January 1 for UNT students who buy on Game Day as well as ticket windows designated for UNT fans and alums who didn't buy their's earlier from UNT ticket outlets.

Even now early or pre-Game Day ticket purchases by our alums and fans probably should have had a well advertised small discount to encourage such early purchases of the full priced $75 ticket. Nothing will keep most of us on this forum from buying these tickets even had they been the price of a medium talent rock star concert ($100 plus for those).

Of course the timeline to have done all this should have been around December 1'st instead of the day we accepted our HOD Bowl game invite which would many days later and here it is now almost mid-December.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

I'm kinda curious about that too. I had heard rumors of a bloody mary bar somewhere, but I think that was back at the Omni. I haven't heard anything about an onsite tailgate. Would really like to know ahead of time.

With an 11AM start time, any tailgate would have to be a post game tailgate, right?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2