CUSA Bowl Lineup Set

MeanGreenGlory

R+L CARRIERS NEW ORLEANS BOWL (New Orleans, La.)

Saturday, December 21

Tulane vs. Louisiana-Lafayette (ESPN) 8 p.m. CST

BEEF `O' BRADY'S BOWL (St. Petersburg, Fla.)

Monday, December 23

East Carolina vs. Opponent TBA (ESPN) 1 p.m. CST

MILITARY BOWL (Annapolis, Md.)

Friday, December 27

Marshall vs. ACC Selection (ESPN) 1:30 p.m. CST

BELL HELICOPTER ARMED FORCES BOWL (Fort Worth, Texas)

Monday, December 30

Middle Tennessee vs. Navy (ESPN) 10:45 a.m. CST

AUTO ZONE LIBERTY BOWL (Memphis, Tenn.)

Tuesday, December 31

Rice vs. SEC Selection (ESPN) 3:00p CST

HEART OF DALLAS BOWL (Dallas, Texas)

Wednesday, January 1

North Texas vs. Opponent TBA (ESPN U) 11 a.m. CST

Source: http://www.conferenceusa.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/120813aac.html

Did no one realize that before? We're playing on New Year's Day. That's the biggest day of bowl season, when a lot of the major bowl games are being played.

Outback bowl, Gator bowl, and Capital One bowl will all be playing at the same time and will probably all have a ranked team, if not two ranked teams playing.

I agree, it isn't great, but we're still playing on New Year's Day in Dallas. Just glad I get to see them live and in person.

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 4

The other nice thing about a Jan 1 game date is the extra practice time our RS freshman and Freshman will receive. You have seen what this coaching staff has done with what little or not so little they have. What a great opportunity for North Texas!!

Hmmm... I wonder how many perspective recruits are going to be there..

This will be a big deal, not just for the fans but for the program..

Well that and the payout is kinda nice

Lax - I don't think I am going out on a limb here by saying this will be the biggest recruiting event we've ever had at North Texas. Since it's a local bowl we can invite a ton of players to come to the game... it's happening right at a key time for us in terms of landing recruits (January).

In addition, unlike the New Orleans bowl which it always seemed like we were scrambling to get things together on, we have some lead time to coordinate events and invitations.

The additional practice time has already been discussed in terms of having another spring training to evaluate and teach.

Having the game as the first on New Years Day means your highlights will be shown to a TON of people nationally all day long!

It's just a terrific opportunity for North Texas to shine in it's own backyard on a national stage against an opponent we have a good chance against.

Lax - I don't think I am going out on a limb here by saying this will be the biggest recruiting event we've ever had at North Texas. Since it's a local bowl we can invite a ton of players to come to the game... it's happening right at a key time for us in terms of landing recruits (January).

In addition, unlike the New Orleans bowl which it always seemed like we were scrambling to get things together on, we have some lead time to coordinate events and invitations.

The additional practice time has already been discussed in terms of having another spring training to evaluate and teach.

Having the game as the first on New Years Day means your highlights will be shown to a TON of people nationally all day long!

It's just a terrific opportunity for North Texas to shine in it's own backyard on a national stage against an opponent we have a good chance against.

Well said.

Let's pray for warm weather.

• Upvote 2

Having the game as the first on New Years Day means your highlights will be shown to a TON of people nationally all day long! This will be big for recruiting not only for suburban schools, but for inner-city schools as well who's kids will have no trouble getting to the game. You are right Harry, this is huge for recruiting.

Having the game as the first on New Years Day means your highlights will be shown to a TON of people nationally all day long! This game is a great opportunity for recruiting for not only suburban schools, but inner-city schools as well who's kids will have no trouble getting to the game. You are right Harry, this is huge for recruiting.