Got tickets yet?

emmitt01

I assume there's a limit on the number of tickets that can be bought on each account to prevent something like this. Not to prevent the selling of tickets but to prevent the manipulation of the priority point system.

There are. Mgc members have until the 18th to buy and be prioritized in the allotment. The person in the group with the least points is the priority of the entire group.
  • Upvote 1

I got mine through the HOD website. Section 6 Row 12. Awesome seats. I know I will catch grief for not puchasing through the AD but I have the piece of mind knowing where I'm sitting already. Im not a season ticket or MGC membership holder this year so my seats could not have been as good as the ones I got through HOD.

I'm sure the Bowl organizers will look at the stadium to see the colors everyone is wearing in addition to the number of tickets each AD sells. A rational bowl organizer would realize that many fans will book through HOD and take that in consideration. They just want a full house.

• Upvote 2

I'm a MGC member & season ticket holder but dont want to get stuck smack dab in the middle because I'm bringing my 6yr old son. The others I'm potentially bringing may bring another young one as well. I'm considering buying through the HoD site just so I can get a guaranteed aisle seat for kiddie purposes.

Anyone know what side we're on, yet?

Can't wait for 1/1!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

If you are considered about having an aisle seat, you could still purchase through UNT and just move and sit where you want. Even with an excellent crowd of 50k you still will have around 40k empty seats. That is a lot of empty aisle seats.

True, but I want a good seat on the lower level. I dont want to go nosebleed.

• Upvote 1

Got5onit, I bet if you just got your tickets through UNT and asked someone to switch with you at the game they'd be willing especially with young ones. If you are sitting by me we can totally switch if you want aisle. I don't plan on going anywhere during the game

• Upvote 1

If you look at ESPN it appears we are the home team, meaning we are on the west side of the stadium.

What has me most worried is that right now sections 3 through 9 are free for all. Section 6 is already almost full. Section 5 and 7 appear to be filling up quick. However, right now you can't get any tickets on the visitor side between the 10s.

If the lower level sections of what appear to be the home side of the stadium aren't blocked off for MGC members/season ticket holders, where are they going to be sitting? I see where rows 51 through 65 are blocked off for each section so maybe those are for people who buy through the university?

Lots to be worried about.

Funny how everyone who plays up supporting unt athletics all season but then starts out their posts here with "I know I should have purchased through UNT, but..."

One of those "what's in it for me?" type scenarios I guess.

I've seen long time donors get some of the worst seats. The NCAA basketball tournament against Kansas State comes to mind. When you get stuck up in the upper level when there are tons of better seats available through other avenues, other than the school getting credit for selling bad seats, what's really in it for the fans?

• Upvote 1

Funny how everyone who plays up supporting unt athletics all season but then starts out their posts here with "I know I should have purchased through UNT, but..."

I think you are missing the bigger picture here.

Large numbers of our fans throughout the stadium makes for a 'NORTH TEXAS' chant that will feel like its in surround sound and should carry over into the broadcast very well.

• Upvote 1

I've seen long time donors get some of the worst seats. The NCAA basketball tournament against Kansas State comes to mind. When you get stuck up in the upper level when there are tons of better seats available through other avenues, other than the school getting credit for selling bad seats, what's really in it for the fans?

You make good points. That does suck.

But the school gets the first 100k of tickets they sell. That's all I was tthinking as I gladly bought mine through MGS.

• Upvote 1

Remember this post when my 6yr old son and I go across you 5+ times in a 3.5 hour span to disrupt your viewing pleasure because the NTTO put us right in the middle of a row. He'll want to go pee a couple of times, maybe a hot dog, maybe he spills his drink, etc., etc....

:o:P

Edited by Got5onIt

Remember this post when my 6yr old son and I go across you 5+ times in a 3.5 hour span to disrupt your viewing pleasure because the NTTO put us right in the middle of a row. He'll want to go pee a couple of times, maybe a hot dog, maybe he spills his drink, etc., etc....

Hey, while you're up, can you bring me some nachos! :lol:

Edited by meaniegreenie
  • Upvote 1

If that means we both contributing to putting more money in the pockets of our AD, I'll gladly remember it!

And if I drank enough beer during the pregame tailgate, I'll be getting up just as much!