Got tickets yet?

emmitt01

I am. Getting help from a season ticket holder to get closer seats. He offered to help. I can only assume that a booster buying buckets of seats will look good for future bowls??

I assume there's a limit on the number of tickets that can be bought on each account to prevent something like this. Not to prevent the selling of tickets but to prevent the manipulation of the priority point system.

Edited by Mean Green Matt

From Vito "UNT is working on ways to make tickets affordable for students. Villarreal mentioned that UNT might ask boosters/fans to buy an extra ticket, which could then be resold/given to a student."

I think this is an outstanding idea. If you are in a position to do this, please consider doing so. I really think this will help a lot of students and recent alumni be able to afford going to this game (ok, maybe just me).

Edited by Eastwood Eagle
  • Upvote 1

Holy crap, I hope you guys don't get into a debate about people buying too many tickets! This is freaking awesome...if all of the MGC/Season Ticket holders keep buying at this rate, we'll have 40K tix sold by the end of the week! Crazy optimistic, I know, but wow, this sounds good.

I love the Sig Ep push and hope the other Greeks rally to match that idea, can somebody send out the word? I know Pat Boone and Teen Wolf's dad were Kappa Alphas at UNT, how cool would it be if everybody used this as a "reunion" opportunity for every possible organization and got all of their alumni to visit? It would be neat to get a "who's who" of alums from honors societies, Greeks, music, whatever, and get some awesome extra press from that, you know?

Since it's so unlikely we could make it, I already started setting up a party in AZ and contacted the UNLV alumni office to try to do a joint event. Vegas is only about 6 hours away so they must have some alumni in the area even though they don't have a chapter here. But I have been working on some of our other alumni to get them interested in the bowl so I will try to get a few more butts in seats from out here. If anybody else will be within driving distance of Phoenix on New Year's let me know, because if I can get a decent number of RSVPs we can get a better spot for the party.

I will pay my $75 per seat with no complaint but I'm sure that was structured when the Big 10 was to furnish the opponent. That's understandable but it isn't going to happen.

I would hope that UNT would have the foreshight to at least sell the seats that are not in the five (or maybe three) premium sections for say, $50. If it were to be a sellout that would be different but it's more important to sell as many tickets as we can.

No knock on UNLV. They would be my first choice for a G5 member opponent because it's pay back time. But, they have only one win against a team with a winning record (San Diego State)and should not command top dollar.

• Upvote 2

Holy crap, I hope you guys don't get into a debate about people buying too many tickets! This is freaking awesome...if all of the MGC/Season Ticket holders keep buying at this rate, we'll have 40K tix sold by the end of the week! Crazy optimistic, I know, but wow, this sounds good.

I think you're missing my point.

Mean Green Matt is right. If loyal season ticket holders get pushed to shitty sections with poor sight lines because some folks with more priority points can buy 30 tickets, what's my motivation to buy through the university and not the website?

Truth be told, this happens at other Bowl games too. Unbelievably Bowls don't always give the best seats to the schools themselves.

Mean Green Matt is right. If loyal season ticket holders get pushed to shitty sections with poor sight lines because some folks with more priority points can buy 30 tickets, what's my motivation to buy through the university and not the website?

Rarely do lower level donors get the best seats. The email the AD sent mentioned Broze level ($1000) and higher get first dibs.

Yeah, I definitely hope all of you who have season tickets and have been loyal don't get crappy seats. I'm very excited about the possibility that we'll sell a ton of tickets but I certainly hope all of you still get great seats, sorry if I was being insensitive to that possibility. With such a huge venue, hopefully that won't be a problem.