Bowl Uniforms

pogWo4life

I think it would be great if we went with our normal home or away uniform (which ever we are at the bowl game) with a white SOW on a Green helmet. I think most of the fan base would love it. Then next year we keep the dang SOW on the helmet! No more of the North Texas in text on a helmet ever again!

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I wouldn't expect SOW on the helmet for a bowl game. The exposure is too great and we all know how RV wants to position us as North Texas. I doubt he would pass up that opportunity. (I would be pleasantly surprised if SOW did make a helmet appearance but I just don't think it will.)

I would wager we will see a nice HOD patch sewn onto our jersey somewhere.

I wouldn't expect SOW on the helmet for a bowl game. The exposure is too great and we all know how RV wants to position us as North Texas. I doubt he would pass up that opportunity. (I would be pleasantly surprised if SOW did make a helmet appearance but I just don't think it will.)

RV said on the podcast we could see a changed helmet, just not a change in jersey.

• Upvote 1

We are already getting exposure by playing in the game. Everyone will know when they check the guide for who is playing or tune into the game who North Texas is. The best thing to do is set up a new era with this exposure with the SOW on the helmet. It looks better and the GMG fans (the ones who matter) want that. The association with North Texas and the SOW will be made by all watching.

• Upvote 1

We are already getting exposure by playing in the game. Everyone will know when they check the guide for who is playing or tune into the game who North Texas is. The best thing to do is set up a new era with this exposure with the SOW on the helmet. It looks better and the GMG fans (the ones who matter) want that. The association with North Texas and the SOW will be made by all watching.

I never understood why we couldn't just put North Texas above the numbers on the jerseys? I know they have Mean Green there but I would be willing to give that up to have a white eagle on the helmet.

Edited by Green Otaku