Barbershop podcast #126

Evan

About that time, if I remember correctly, he was mentioning how the loser of the championship game is normally given their choice of where to go. Could he have been talking about Rice? Possibly trying to flex muscle and say it wants to go to HOD? Maybe saying if they lose then they want HOD? Something completely different and involving another team/bowl that only has indirect/trickle down impact?

He did not elaborate further so we can only speculate.

• Upvote 1

Yeah sounds like an AQ school crying wolf

Rick made it seem like maybe the SOW might be here to stay for bowl game and next year on the helmet.

Diddnt realize a conference patch made us have to buy an all new set of jerseys. A lot of money for a 3sq in of real estate

MWC/SEC series in talks!

3 car garage for boomer, model t and spirt bell

Football auditorium being built from a converted building in MGV. No more foldup chairs in conference center. Recruiting tool+++

Beyond The Glory. In talks for DVD set, extension into spring football, basketball and next year!!!!

99.9% sure Rick believes we play bowl game in DFW

• Upvote 1

Yeah sounds like an AQ school crying wolf

Rick made it seem like maybe the SOW might be here to stay for bowl game and next year on the helmet.

Diddnt realize a conference patch made us have to buy an all new set of jerseys. A lot of money for a 3sq in of real estate

MWC/SEC series in talks!

3 car garage for boomer, model t and spirt bell

Football auditorium being built from a converted building in MGV. No more foldup chairs in conference center. Recruiting tool+++

Beyond The Glory. In talks for DVD set, extension into spring football, basketball and next year!!!!

99.9% sure Rick believes we play bowl game in DFW

I like SOW on a black helmet like at the Rice game? Black is beautiful! Heck! Johnny Cash was even "the Man in Black."

The words "North Texas" can be made to be just as visible on the upper part of jersey than having it on a helmet with a chin strap covering one of the letters.

Quoting RV "A 99.9% chance we are going bowling in the Metroplex."

If correct, this means HOD or the Armed Forces Bowl in Fort Worth. Both would be great for the program, with HOD being the best.

It really sounded like RV was convinced we would get the HOD bowl. He talked about being in contact with the Omni in Dallas, planning events, etc... It seems like he thinks it's a done deal. Hope it is.

Edited by UNT90

If correct, this means HOD or the Military Bowl in Fort Worth. Both would be great for the program, with HOD being the best.

It really sounded like RV was convinced we would get the HOD bowl. He talked about being in contact with the Omni in Dallas, planning events, etc... It seems like he thinks it's a done deal. Hope it is.

I wonder if that means that Banowsky has told him he will lobby for NT even if Rice loses the C-USA championship? I can't see why he would be so sure otherwise.

I wonder if that means that Banowsky has told him he will lobby for NT even if Rice loses the C-USA championship? I can't see why he would be so sure otherwise.

Maybe more that the HOD bowl would lobby Banowsky? It seems that the HOD bowl really wants us there, which just makes so much sense.

Maybe a trade could be made for Rice to go to the Armed Forces Bowl if they don't win the CUSA title game? Either way, root hard for Rice Saturday at noon!

EDIT: Made reservations for the Omni on New Years Eve. That is how confident I am we end up in the HOD bowl (plus, I can cancel before 12/30 without loss :-). It ain't cheap, folks, but when you only go to a bowl once in 9 years, it's worth it.

Edited by UNT90

I like SOW on a black helmet like at the Rice game? Black is beautiful! Heck! Johnny Cash was even "the Man in Black."

The words "North Texas" can be made to be just as visible on the upper part of jersey than having it on a helmet with a chin strap covering one of the letters.

You mean black SOW on a green helmet? That's what we wore this year.

As I have believed before, and still believe, it is SMU who is trying their best to rain on our parade.

You never know but If true and if this were somehow found out & then featured in an area BELO-owned sports page wouldn't that be one helluva' motivation for our masses to buy HOD Bowl tickets en mass translating into record breaking Mean Green traveling fans?

Whatever SMU's influence is sure as hell doesn't translate into ticket sales at their Ford Stadium turnstiles.

You "almost" have to feel sorry for all those schools who were once in the SWC that will be G5 schools the rest of their natural lives--UH included.

I

• Downvote 1

If correct, this means HOD or the Military Bowl in Fort Worth. Both would be great for the program, with HOD being the best.

Armed Forces Bowl in Ft. Worth. Military Bowl is in Annapolis. Military Bowl is a possibility for CUSA but probably East Carolina or Marshall.

• Upvote 1