Fracking Next to Apogee?

MeanGreenGlory

I don't want to spark any type of derogatory political debate, but I had no idea that UNT is a lessor of fracking wells next to Apogee. Does anyone have more information on this?

http://www.occupy.com/article/exposed-university-president-lied-students-about-fracking-school-property

Edited by MeanGreenGlory

Yeah between the fracking (earthquakes) and boomer going off after every score (shaking the stadium) one has to wonder about the structural safety of Apogee. And who's to promise there won't be a massive explosion over there? Carry on. Merry Christmas!

Go Mean Green!!

Sorry, I live in west Texas right in the middle of a drilling boon of historic proportions. Not one earthquake, and there are many more wells out here than in DFW. That is the most ridiculous argument ever. Maybe some should realize that there are fault lines all over North Texas.

• Upvote 2

They took down the well. But fracking is the sole cause for all the recent earthquakes in the area and downgrade in Denton water, but this is another argument for another time.

Any proof that it is the cause of the earthquakes? I would love to read that research.

• Upvote 1

Any proof that it is the cause of the earthquakes? I would love to read that research.

http://www.usgs.gov/blogs/features/usgs_top_story/man-made-earthquakes/

Seems like the earthquakes are caused less by drilling and more by the disposal of the wastewater. Either way, the evidence seems to show that the earthquakes happen more often in places where fracking is done, especially when a ground fault is nearby.

What I am sure of is that the fracking wells are noisy, smell terrible, and they're a pretty serious eyesore in the middle of the towns I've seen them in.

• Upvote 2

Yeah between the fracking (earthquakes) and boomer going off after every score (shaking the stadium) one has to wonder about the structural safety of Apogee. And who's to promise there won't be a massive explosion over there? Carry on. Merry Christmas!

Go Mean Green!!

Well, after most scores anyway...

It's hard to have a serious conversation when the link in OP's thread is slanted click-bait material, but let me ask you all something simpler:

Who would be comfortable with this in their backyard?

Denton-vintage-Calvin-e1382903188288.jpg

DRC_BonnieBraeGasWell_5.jpg

This is the Vintage neighborhood just south of Apogee down Bonnie Brae.

Edited by Christopher Walker