Yahoo! Bowl Projections- UNT left home

Green Nightmare

Sometimes I think that UNT fans are so accustomed to failure, getting spurned, scorned, screwed, and Dodged, that they go crawling the web actively searching for the next letdown. We're going bowling. Period. It may not be Dallas, which would be a disappointment. It most definitely is not Memphis, which has already been a disappointment. But unless RV and Mac go all batshit insane LA Tech and turn down a bid, we're going bowling.

Good lord, some of our fanbase would search for the catch on their wives giving them the standard birthday gift of steaks and a __.

In both cases, we need to learn to just enjoy the ride.

Edited by oldguystudent
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Sometimes I think that UNT fans are so accustomed to failure, getting spurned, scorned, screwed, and Dodged, that they go crawling the web actively searching for the next letdown. We're going bowling. Period. It may not be Dallas, which would be a disappointment. It most definitely is not Memphis, which has already been a disappointment. But unless RV and Mac go all batshit insane LA Tech and turn down a bid, we're going bowling.

Good lord, some of our fanbase would search for the catch on their wives giving them the standard birthday gift of steaks and a __.

In both cases, we need to learn to just enjoy the ride.

I asked my cat to meow if we were going bowling. He didn't meow.

Politics, my dear friends, politics. We don't have it and some of the other also rans do. I mentioned earlier that SMU will do all they can to keep us out of their local bowl...believe it or not. I would not be surprised if we are left out, although I cannot imagine Rice being much of a player. Anyway, brace for disappointment or be delighted if we get into a bowl. Hayden Fry could not get us in a bowl in the 70's and we stayed home, although there were a lot less bowl games.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 6

Politics, my dear friends, politics. We don't have it and some of the other also rans do. I mentioned earlier that SMU will do all they can to keep us out of their local bowl...believe it or not. I would not be surprised if we are left out, although I cannot imagine Rice being much of a player. Anyway, brace for disappointment or be delighted if we get into a bowl. Hayden Fry could not get us in a bowl in the 70's and we stayed home, although there were a lot less bowl games.

Unless we decline an invite we are guarenteed a Bowl Game. Period. End of discussion.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Their (SMU) bowl? The Heart of Dallas bowl has nothing to do with SMU or the American Conference. Other than SMU alumni trying to influence the decision makers of the bowl committee, SMU has very little, if any, control over the HoD bowl.

• Upvote 3

How in the world is this "their" bowl?

Yeah I read the article this morning and couldnt believe North Texas wasnt even mentioned for any of the bowl games. Im pretty sure Heart of Dallas will give us the invite, especially if Rice gets into the Liberty Bowl. Besides they like us and have their bowl reps have been to several of our games this year and liked what they saw.

Also North Texas can pull alot of students and alumni in a Cotton Bowl game compared to any other CUSA team

Just hope our people are doing everything they can to get us into the Dallas game and not just sitting around and not doing anythin

GO MEAN GREEN.

Yeah I read the article this morning and couldnt believe North Texas wasnt even mentioned for any of the bowl games. Im pretty sure Heart of Dallas will give us the invite, especially if Rice gets into the Liberty Bowl. Besides they like us and have their bowl reps have been to several of our games this year and liked what they saw.

Also North Texas can pull alot of students and alumni in a Cotton Bowl game compared to any other CUSA team

Just hope our people are doing everything they can to get us into the Dallas game and not just sitting around and not doing anythin

GO MEAN GREEN.

Any chance of a hurricane striking on New Year's Day?

• Upvote 1