Bowl projections

EagleD

Seven teams in C-USA are eligible.

Six teams won at least seven games, and should get invites.

Armed Forces Bowl had third pick from C-USA, but gave that to Navy instead.

That leaves six bowls that have contractual agreements with C-USA, and FAU (6-6) will probably get left out.

Liberty gets first pick, and should get Rice - Marshall winner.

Hawaii gets second pick, and could pick from Rice - Marshall loser or ECU.

Tulane is going to (staying in) New Orleans.

But if Rice wins C-USA and goes to Liberty, then UNT is only team left in western division, and could be most attractive to Hawaii.

OUCH

That leaves Heart of Dallas, Beef 'O Brady, and Military to pick from Rice - Marshall loser, ECU, and MTSU.

Hawaii gets second pick, and could pick from Rice - Marshall loser or ECU.

That isn't how CUSA bowl agreements work. The conference works in tandem with all the bowls to try and seed the teams in their best slots. CUSA is losing the Liberty next year, and HoD is going to become their premier bowl. Not only that, but next year CUSA becomes the permanent host, while the opposing slot will rotate between B12/B10. CUSA has a huge incentive to make them very, very happy.

Really the HOD comes down to Rice and NT this year. We have nine times the undergraduate enrollment they do, I am not sure how many alumni Rice has in DFW, but I would guess it is closer to 20x than to 10x more than they do.

If Rice had beaten us, and was sitting at 10 wins, I would be worried. We just make too much sense for the HoD, they will want us, and CUSA will want to make their partnership with them as successful as possible.

• Upvote 2

That isn't how CUSA bowl agreements work. The conference works in tandem with all the bowls to try and seed the teams in their best slots. CUSA is losing the Liberty next year, and HoD is going to become their premier bowl. Not only that, but next year CUSA becomes the permanent host, while the opposing slot will rotate between B12/B10. CUSA has a huge incentive to make them very, very happy.

Really the HOD comes down to Rice and NT this year. We have nine times the undergraduate enrollment they do, I am not sure how many alumni Rice has in DFW, but I would guess it is closer to 20x than to 10x more than they do.

If Rice had beaten us, and was sitting at 10 wins, I would be worried. We just make too much sense for the HoD, they will want us, and CUSA will want to make their partnership with them as successful as possible.

I wish folks would listen to you and comprehend what you're saying, Cerebus.

Don't say no to the invite. I would just prefer any bowl in the lower 48 or maybe Alaska. I just have 0% chance of making it to Hawaii.

I know this was meant in jest, but it made me curious...is there a stadium in Alaska big enough to host a bowl? I bet there are a few schools whose alumni would love to take a trip there for a bowl game and take in ice fishing or shooting wolves from helicopters or stuff like that. Probably not many of ours, but maybe some Aggies or Tide, etc.

Wildly relevant, I know...

I know this was meant in jest, but it made me curious...is there a stadium in Alaska big enough to host a bowl? I bet there are a few schools whose alumni would love to take a trip there for a bowl game and take in ice fishing or shooting wolves from helicopters or stuff like that. Probably not many of ours, but maybe some Aggies or Tide, etc.

Wildly relevant, I know...

Probably not in the Winter

I sure hope it's these bowls in order: HoD, Military and Hawaii. HoD and military bowls first for selfish reasons and being able to go to the game, but also think Hawaii wouldn't be bad either. Hawaii being that the players would get a chance to go to Hawaii, I'm sure a lot of those guys have never been. A great vacation and reward for all their hard work. The down side of Hawaii, I wouldn't be able to go to the game unfortunately.

Edited by MeanGreen01