I'm reeling. More than most. So I'm looking for a silver lining.

We don't have a true rival. Sure we'd like SMU or TTech to be a rivaly game, (and an SMU rivalry might actually be on the horizon) but this defeat sets up a very good rivalry.

We don't think they've earned their stripes...They don't think. Really. They don't think. I've met grads from UTSA. Plankton have more developed brain cells. But back to the rivalry thing. Be PISSED OFF! BEAT THOSE BASTARDS NEXT TIME!

FUDGE UTSA!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

uh not so classy.

Rivalry yes but they earned it flat out and winning in San Antonio will be tough next year. That team is young and will battle again next year. I think winning in the dome will be tough but that is okay the team will have to go try.

Still a great season but when I looked at the schedule this is the ONE game I did not want us to lose.

Oh well they brought it and got it.

More power to SAT.

GMG

I'm reeling. More than most. So I'm looking for a silver lining.

We don't have a true rival. Sure we'd like SMU or TTech to be a rivaly game, (and an SMU rivalry might actually be on the horizon) but this defeat sets up a very good rivalry.

We don't think they've earned their stripes...They don't think. Really. They don't think. I've met grads from UTSA. Plankton have more developed brain cells. But back to the rivalry thing. Be PISSED OFF! BEAT THOSE BASTARDS NEXT TIME!

FUDGE UTSA!!!!!!!!!!!

This post went south quickly..

Rivalry is the first thing that came to my mind as well. Let's face it, this game was not as close as the score. Look at the stats and it is clear they beat us like pattin for a dance. They beat us at home, they beat on the edge of our Great Plains geography in weather that should have been our weather. They brought their band and an enthusiastic following. I know it is difficult to accept a loss from such upstarts, but we have to go back sixty years or so to some school like East Texas State to recall a real rivalry. I think these guys are worthy of our mettle and a rivalry and they proved it on a blustery Saturday afternoon at Apogee. A rivalry with a school in a fun place like San Antonio is fine with me and I am looking forward to taking the train.

Bring it on!

I'd like a good, no-holds-barred rivalry with someone in-state. We were never going to get one going with anyone in the Sun Belt, and that was just fine with me. San Antonio's an easy trip and I'd like to think MG Nation would travel well down there. Forget the fact that some on here don't find them worthy of this...maybe that's how a good rivalry starts??

Well that is pitiful for at least a couple of reasons. For one, it is sad that NT fans are having to look to some other school's rise to give us something to care about. More importantly, were you there? It is pretty clear that the leadership at your 'rival' would not be content to have something as stuck in first gear (and often reverse) as North Texas, as a rival for long. When they leave for the AAC or MWC, maybe we can all hope that SFA or ACU will move up to be our rival.

We have got several wins against creampuffs this year and one good win. It is progress from the absolute netherworld that our leadership got us in, but UTSA shows really how listless our program is by external standards. During my long drive down to see this disheartening display, I saw a run-over coyote. What a spot-on omen, and symbol of the result.

All that aside, the real reason we lost is: no more bird on the helmet. On the other hand, we always have that 'North Texas' on there to remind us who we are.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I predict UTSA will look to us as rivals (as we should be happy to see anyone at this point), and from what I have seen on this board this week, I predict this we will assume the role currently played by SMU fans in how they think of NT. Imagine NT playing the elitist snob!

It may not be a true rivalry yet...I agree that a single game doesn't make it a rivalry. But if it becomes one, that is good for North Texas. They brought fans and a band, as many tickets as an opponent has purchased against us this year and maybe since Apogee. It is easy for our fans to get to their city. How we travel affects how we are perceived. The more games we can get our fans interested in attending, the better it is for our team, our school and our place in the hierarchy of college football.

But,

GMG

• Upvote 3

Well that is pitiful for at least a couple of reasons. For one, it is sad that NT fans are having to look to some other school's rise to give us something to care about. More importantly, were you there? It is pretty clear that the leadership at your 'rival' would not be content to have something as stuck in first gear (and often reverse) as North Texas, as a rival for long. When they leave for the AAC or MWC, maybe we can all hope that SFA or ACU will move up to be our rival.

We have got several wins against creampuffs this year and one good win. It is progress from the absolute netherworld that our leadership got us in, but UTSA shows really how listless our program is by external standards. During my long drive down to see this disheartening display, I saw a run-over coyote. What a spot-on omen, and symbol of the result.

All that aside, the real reason we lost is: no more bird on the helmet. On the other hand, we always have that 'North Texas' on there to remind us who we are.

I agree with the helmet observation.

• Upvote 1