Eliminated

UNTflyer

I'm okay with it. I wanted to play in it, but I honestly don't think anyone in the West is going to put up much of a game against ECU in their place.

This team is still in position to win 9 games this season (with a bowl win) and that's something to be excited about heading into the off-season. We aren't "there" yet -- but we're not far.

• Upvote 3

No chance of making the C-USA Championship Game now.

We'll probably end up in the Heart of Dallas Bowl or the New Orleans Bowl.

You're probably right, in that a win by Tulane could send us to The NO Bowl against LALA. Because of that, I guess I'm pulling for Rice over Tulane, since that might give us a better chance at the Dallas Bowl. Very depressing loss today regardless.

Rough, rough night. Is there a rivalry brewing with UTSA?

No!!! My lord people, we play absolutely the worst game we could have played, with the saddest crowd for a 7-3 team I've seen, and had the worst game plan since Tulane and har a throw into the endzone at the end to make it interesting. A lion does not have a "rivalry" with an antelope just because the antelope sometimes doesn't get eaten. UTSA is a punch line and we just happened to be the butt of the joke yesterday.

• Upvote 2

^^^This!^^^ We do not need to accept them as our rivals. Yeah, there's been a lot of smack talk, but that happens all the time. We played like crap, and our coaches sucked. It's obvious our team didn't prepare like they should have.

Does everyone remember what happened the first time we played Monroe? They beat us. Did they become our rival?

Edited by Rudy

^^^This!^^^ We do not need to accept them as our rivals. Yeah, there's been a lot of smack talk, but that happens all the time. We played like crap, and our coaches sucked. It's obvious our team didn't prepare like they should have.

Does everyone remember what happened the first time we played Monroe? They beat us. Did they become our rival?

With the off week I thought this would take place.

So, if we had beat Georgia, Bulldog fans would now be considering us their rivals, right?

Bingo.

Although the better comparison would be Vanderbilt, who are in the same conference and DID beat Georgia.

You think they take Florida's spot as Georgia's new rival? Hardly.

Georgia simply looks at it as a humiliating loss, much the same way UNT fans view the UTSA loss.

Edited by UNT90

We aren't technically eliminated, but I don't see how UNT makes it to the championship game.

Rice is clearly in the drivers seat in CUSA West, if they win their in the championship game.

We could also end up in a 3-way tie if Tulane & UNT win next week. In that scenario Tulane probably goes to the championship because of their division record.

We could also end up in a 4-way tie if Tulane, UNT, and UTSA win next week. In that scenario Rice might be the team of overall ranking.

As far as bowls go.

Tulane is looking at Liberty or the New Orleans Bowl. If Tulane isn't committed to the Liberty, the NO Bowl is going to select them. Home team in their first bowl in 12 years will sell tickets.

Rice has the most bowl options with the Liberty, Heart of Dallas, New Orleans, Hawaii or maybe even the Texas bowl.

UNT is looking at Heart of Dallas or Hawaii. New Orleans only if Tulane wins the conference and Heart of Dallas takes Rice.

• Upvote 1