Coming Up for UTSA game.

A group of me and my friends (UTSA fans) are coming up for the game. We don't get in until 10pm that night and are staying near UNT. Its my buddies birthday and were looking for a place to get some drinks/play darts/party etc. Any recommendations of places open til 2am? I don't know squat about Denton. Are cabs easily reachable in case we want to get really drunk? We are more of whiskey/scotch or craft/local beer drinkers. I've yelped it and it seems there is a cluster of places near Oak st and Hickory st. Were all late 20s early 30s.

I know most of y'all hate UTSA fans (I try to make all of my smack talk humorous in some regard) but any advice outside of KFCs would be appreciated.

Sorry if there is a more appropriate sub-form for this.

• Upvote 6

DO NOT rely on cabs at the time.

You need to have something pre-booked. Last game I attended was opening game at Apogee, I know disgusting. Prior to the game at like 1pm we had to wait 1 hour for a cab to take us to the stadium.

Then after the game we closed down Riprock's and called for a cab and they basically laughed at us like no chance. We saw a lady coming out of the bar screaming at a young kid. It was her 19 year-old son who sneaked into the bar and she was dragging him out all upset. She had a Ford Explorer and we asked her for a ride. Let's just say we could tell by her appearance it was an easy bet she would accept our $20 offering. Like 10 of us piled into the Explorer with her, her son and her 15 year-old daughter. The son was drunk and she was screaming at him the entire way to our hotel and all he did was laugh. We probably almost died at least 4 times. It was awesome, hilarious and depressing all at the same time.

Moral of the story.....kids, don't do drugs!

• Upvote 2

A group of me and my friends (UTSA fans) are coming up for the game. We don't get in until 10pm that night and are staying near UNT. Its my buddies birthday and were looking for a place to get some drinks/play darts/party etc. Any recommendations of places open til 2am? I don't know squat about Denton. Are cabs easily reachable in case we want to get really drunk? We are more of whiskey/scotch or craft/local beer drinkers. I've yelped it and it seems there is a cluster of places near Oak st and Hickory st. Were all late 20s early 30s.

I know most of y'all hate UTSA fans (I try to make all of my smack talk humorous in some regard) but any advice outside of KFCs would be appreciated.

Sorry if there is a more appropriate sub-form for this.

Oh?

How about an exclusively Texas craft beer selection (75 or so) and then another amazing whiskey selection of like 50 varieties.

East Side Social Club is what you desire.

I was there last night celebrating my younger brother's birthday and met Laina of Overly Attached Girlfriend fame on my way out. It was a good night.

Edited by Christopher Walker
  • Upvote 1

Their collective insecurity will not let them accept this very very very simple fact.

Or maybe they of just stupid

Who knows... Who cares.

Thanks for your help. I hope everyone in Denton is as friendly as you are.

Looks like we will be hitting up ESSC. Any place with St. Arnolds and Pappy van Winkle (Not that we actually drink it all the time) is our speed.

Edited by GreenIsTheNewBlack

Thanks for your help. I hope everyone in Denton is as friendly as you are.

Looks like we will be hitting up ESSC. Any place with St. Arnolds and Pappy van Winkle is our speed.

Oh, I'm friendly. Feel free to stop by the tailgate for some KFC.

Just trying to make y'all feel at home. Hell, I'll even rent you a chair at put tailgate.

met Laina of Overly Attached Girlfriend fame on my way out. It was a good night.

I would LOOOOVE to meet her! She's been such a trooper and used it for a good cause!

And yeah. East Side and Oak Street or GTFO. Stop in Paschall's for some absinthe if you can find the place. Kinda' speakeasyesque.

Edited by oldguystudent