UTSA Fans: "Apogee Stadium, the Dark story"

Harry

"I like how unt calls us out for not having our own stadium, well I did a little research and found some interesting things about Apogee Stadium..."

"For the spring 2002 student election, UNT Student Government Association (SGA) senators held a referendum on whether to recommend that the University of North Texas SystemBoard of Regents increase the student athletics fee by $4.50 per credit hour, $1 of which would be dedicated to "facility improvements".[9] The referendum was rejected by UNT's voting students, with 1,023 voting for the proposal and 1,265 voting against it. After the vote, however, school administrators lobbied senators to increase the fee as a way to help the university's athletics program achieve Title IXcompliance. The student senators then approved a student fee increase of $3 per credit hour, which the Board of Regents implemented immediately.[10] Consequently, students mounted a recall election campaign, supported by documentary filmmaker Michael Moore, which resulted in the removal of 14 student senators from office.[11][12]"

More...

http://digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/...th61067/m1/38/

http://digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/...h61067/m1/187/

http://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/675...th145604/m1/1/

"The Alamodome might not be ours, but at least we didn't steal from students to pay for the cost of using it.

Stay classy c-UNT, stay classy."

Read more: http://www.rowdytalk.com/showthread.php/4164-Apogee-Stadium-the-dark-story

Are these people mentally challenged and have been drinking way too much water out of the San Antonio river or what?

Will they say just about anything on a smack board to try to create an instant rivalry, too?

Hey UTSA! You've done well with Coker :goodjob: in the same timeline we've had McCarney--ie, Year 3. Yall could get NCAA FCS transfers who could play immediately and we could not. We've been around playing football 100 years and yall have not. So what?

:bling: Let's just enjoy a college football game this Saturday and whoever wins lets merely shake hands, part friends and then yall can watch North Texas in a bowl game on national TV in just a matter of mere weeks.

GMG!

PS: Thank you UNT students (past and present) for all you've done!

Fact is, UT-Austin or TAMU's Board of Regents would not have even brought such an important campus construction to a student vote or referendum, but North Texas did...FWIW.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 3

They're so insecure. Blows my mind. I mean, it could be because UTSA is essentially a community college lower than us in just about every metric filled with students who don't want to be there.

Although, to be fair, UTSA fans are not UTSA students/alumni. The fans are more of the kind of people who work at McDonalds and saw that San Antonio finally had a team so they jumped on board. Yet every time they go down to campus (once every few months since they don't have an on campus stadium) they get really pissed off when all they see are UT shirts on campus and realize how inadequate of a college it really is.

So, they make themselves feel better by running over everyone else.

Never met a more obnoxious and insecure fanbase. I truly think that if they played UT, they'd troll the hell out of their forums and discuss how UT should be scared of them. There's a common denominator among Texas State, LTech, and all their little WAC buddies. They all hate UTSA fans with a burning passion. They're the Philadelphia Eagles fans of the mid majors.

• Upvote 1

"I like how unt calls us out for not having our own stadium, well I did a little research and found some interesting things about Apogee Stadium..."

"For the spring 2002 student election, UNT Student Government Association (SGA) senators held a referendum on whether to recommend that the University of North Texas SystemBoard of Regents increase the student athletics fee by $4.50 per credit hour, $1 of which would be dedicated to "facility improvements".[9] The referendum was rejected by UNT's voting students, with 1,023 voting for the proposal and 1,265 voting against it. After the vote, however, school administrators lobbied senators to increase the fee as a way to help the university's athletics program achieve Title IXcompliance. The student senators then approved a student fee increase of $3 per credit hour, which the Board of Regents implemented immediately.[10] Consequently, students mounted a recall election campaign, supported by documentary filmmaker Michael Moore, which resulted in the removal of 14 student senators from office.[11][12]"

More...

http://digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/...th61067/m1/38/

http://digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/...h61067/m1/187/

http://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/675...th145604/m1/1/

"The Alamodome might not be ours, but at least we didn't steal from students to pay for the cost of using it.

Stay classy c-UNT, stay classy."

Read more: http://www.rowdytalk.com/showthread.php/4164-Apogee-Stadium-the-dark-story

Surely this is a bit right?

• Upvote 1

"They're so insecure. Blows my mind. I mean, it could be because UTSA is essentially a community college lower than us in just about every metric filled with students who don't want to be there."

I'm always uncomfortable using that term (even if it has some validity) because the same terms were being used (by A-hole UT graduates) to describe us in the legislative session back in 61 when we were applying for a name change. As I'm sure many of you who have read the history of North Texas remember, we had to agree to use the compromise name North Texas State University instead of our first choice "University of North Texas", because of those "community college" attitudes toward us existing at the time. Otherwise there would have been a filibuster to block our first choice for our eventual name.

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Upvote 1

This is the best:

If they didn't steal...maybe they lied? Someone from UNT answer me this... what did all the women sports get when the admin urged for Title IX money and built a nice football stadium for the boys?

I love the "the women got additional sports and pretty much all of Mean Green Village for every sport" answer. Like UNT wouldn't adhere to Title IX guidelines.

Let me get this straight. They're arguing that we paid for Apogee with student fees earmarked for Title IX compliance in 2002...and Apogee was built in 2010?

No wonder they think the roadkill stand a chance. They SUCK at math.

Something like that. Then again, the guy pushing this agenda has plainly stated he didn't really read anything explained to him, so it's basically like asking a deaf goat to understand Taiwanese.

Some of you are real hypocrites. Y'all call us the next door neighbors that peak over the fence to see what y'all are doing, but you have your admin posting links to our threads. There have been countless threads on here about UTSA, but just a few about north Texas over on RT.

Y'all call us nUTSAk but y'all get mad when we call y'all c-UNT.

Y'all posted gifs about how y'all didn't read some of the posts that we made here and y'all get mad when we turned around and do the same thing.

Edited by UTSAMarineVet09
  • Upvote 2

I will say this ... the real stupidity seems to be with the one original poster. Wow ... fussbudget did a terrific job of laying down the fact but he refused to listen. Time to just ignore that thread as it's of no use to respond anymore. Anyone with less than half a brain would see the stupidity of his comments.

• Upvote 1

Some of you are real hypocrites. Y'all call us the next door neighbors that peak over the fence to see what y'all are doing, but you have your admin posting links to our threads. There have been countless threads on here about UTSA, but just a few about north Texas over on RT.

Y'all call us nUTSAk but y'all get mad when we call y'all c-UNT.

Y'all posted gifs about how y'all didn't read some of the posts that we made here and y'all get mad when we turned around and did the same thing.

It sounds like you may be starting to understand how smack talk works...congrats.

• Upvote 1