Hickey says UTSA, Coker in contract extension talks

Harry

UTSA is working to sign head football coach Larry Coker to a long-term contract extension, athletic director Lynn Hickey said Tuesday night.

Coker’s contract runs through the 2015 football season.

Hickey declined to comment on financial terms or the duration of the proposed deal.

“Just say that we’re working on the details and that we need to move it to the (UT System) Board of Regents before we release any of those details,” she said. ”But we are working toward that and certainly want him to be with our program for several more years.”

Read more: http://blog.mysanantonio.com/utsa/2013/11/hickey-says-utsa-coker-in-contract-extension-talks/

Wonder if they are trying to beat the real TU to the punch so Coker doesnt jump ship to Austin?

Doubt he'll ever get a shot at another bigger time program. He won his NC with Butch Davis' recruits. Not saying he's a bad coach but not going to get a big time job anymore. Hell he didn't get much after he was done at Miami.

Doubt he'll ever get a shot at another bigger time program. He won his NC with Butch Davis' recruits. Not saying he's a bad coach but not going to get a big time job anymore. Hell he didn't get much after he was done at Miami.

I agree with that although he did coach those kids up. Did you know he interviewed with Rice for their HC position? Rice obviously gave the job to David Bailiff

• Upvote 1

I agree with that although he did coach those kids up. Did you know he interviewed with Rice for their HC position? Rice obviously gave the job to David Bailiff

I agree. A mid major program is probably just right for him at this point and all things considered he's done a commendable job. Ya I didn't realize he interviewed for the Rice job until a few days ago.

What was Coker doing from 2006-2009?

Was he trying to get to Texas? Was he just very picky about where he wanted to go? Why was every university so cold on him after Miami, and why did he take the UTSA job?

That was the time when Butch's recruits were gone and the whole brawl fiasco with FIU happened. The program just went down and they let him go if I remember. From what I remember he didn't really get much attention when he was available from bigger name programs which seemed really surprising at the time.

• Upvote 1