UTSA’s Coker ‘a little concerned’ about David Glasco II

Harry

UTSA running back David Glasco II hasn’t been ruled out for Saturday’s game at North Texas.

But UTSA coach Larry Coker on Monday acknowledged concern over what he described as a case of plantar fasciitis in one of Glasco’s feet.

The plantar fascia is the tissue that connects the heel to the toes. A strained plantar fascia can result in swelling in the tissue, which makes it hard to walk or run, according to information on webmd.com.

Glasco, the team’s leading rusher, hurt the foot two days before UTSA’s Nov. 9 home game against Tulane. Because of the injury, he sat out the Tulane game, his first miss of the season.

“He did a little bit yesterday (in practice),” Coker said. ”The rest of the guys are fine. (Running back) Evans (Okotcha) was fine. (Defensive end) William Ritter was good. Everyone was there. But David, I’m a little concerned about. He practiced, but he was not full speed.”

Read more: http://blog.mysanantonio.com/utsa/2013/11/utsas-coker-a-little-concerned-about-david-glasco-ii/

Huge loss for UTSA if we cannot count on Glasco to carry the load. He will have to chose whether or not he can play through the pain. We have some capable backs behind Glasco including 5'4 Armstrong who had the 68 yard TD run vs Tulane. Our #1 WR actually has more rushing yards on the year than the 3 backup backs and has 4 TDs. If you have ever watched UTSA you would know that this is an unorthodox offensive and its hard to identify the ball carrier with all the fakes, motion, reverses etc.

UTSA running back David Glasco II hasn’t been ruled out for Saturday’s game at North Texas.

But UTSA coach Larry Coker on Monday acknowledged concern over what he described as a case of plantar fasciitis in one of Glasco’s feet.

The plantar fascia is the tissue that connects the heel to the toes. A strained plantar fascia can result in swelling in the tissue, which makes it hard to walk or run, according to information on webmd.com.

Glasco, the team’s leading rusher, hurt the foot two days before UTSA’s Nov. 9 home game against Tulane. Because of the injury, he sat out the Tulane game, his first miss of the season.

“He did a little bit yesterday (in practice),” Coker said. ”The rest of the guys are fine. (Running back) Evans (Okotcha) was fine. (Defensive end) William Ritter was good. Everyone was there. But David, I’m a little concerned about. He practiced, but he was not full speed.”

Read more: http://blog.mysanantonio.com/utsa/2013/11/utsas-coker-a-little-concerned-about-david-glasco-ii/

Coker should know this....RB's don't do you much good if they can't get out of the backfield....go MG D

Edited by houstonmeangreen

I think I currently have plantar faciitis.... my heel has been hurting on and off (mostly on) for the past several months. Hurts like hell to put weight on it, especially in the morning. But it is not debilitating. As the day progresses, the pain becomes bearable. Running during the heat and adrenaline of game situations shouldn't be an issue. Limping will be more pronounced on the sidelines between possessions, and after the game.

I wouldn't consider plantar faciitis as a "go" or "no go" injury. It can be played through. The following morning will be hell, but by that time, the game will have been won, and the smile will be all worth it.

I think I currently have plantar faciitis.... my heel has been hurting on and off (mostly on) for the past several months. Hurts like hell to put weight on it, especially in the morning. But it is not debilitating. As the day progresses, the pain becomes bearable. Running during the heat and adrenaline of game situations shouldn't be an issue. Limping will be more pronounced on the sidelines between possessions, and after the game.

I wouldn't consider plantar faciitis as a "go" or "no go" injury. It can be played through. The following morning will be hell, but by that time, the game will have been won, and the smile will be all worth it.

Plantar faciitis is not something you should just try to "tough out" or "run through." You can actually cause more serious issues such as bone spurs in your heel which then requires surgery to fix.

• Upvote 1

You have heel spurs, not plantar facitis.

Bottom of foot verses the back of the foot. Big difference. Plantar is much more painful, so I hear.

Ask Shaq, Kobe, Tim Duncan and Pete Sampras about how easy it is to "play through" PF. As well as many more high-level athletes and not a guy who runs.

Edited by SouthBendGreen