Q&A With UTSA Blog: Cooler Chronicles

aztecskin

If their RB hits his average ypc, I would consider that a huge letdown and, honestly, pretty amazing against our D.

Our players better know the challenge has been set: they don't think we our offense can score 30 on them at their best.

All things being equal, we win by 2 possessions.

If they start coughing the ball up, I would love to see a 42-14 UNT demolition.

If we start coughing it up, they could steal this.

Thanks for the article.

• Upvote 1

If their RB hits his average ypc, I would consider that a huge letdown and, honestly, pretty amazing against our D.

Our players better know the challenge has been set: they don't think we our offense can score 30 on them at their best.

All things being equal, we win by 2 possessions.

If they start coughing the ball up, I would love to see a 42-14 UNT demolition.

If we start coughing it up, they could steal this.

Thanks for the article.

I think the game comes down to defense and special teams scoring and scoring opportunities. Turnovers have cost our opponents something like 14-21 points per game on average. Special teams errors have cost them between 7-14 points per game on average.

UTSA is only able to score in one phase. UNT can score and has scored in all 3 phases of a football game and is pretty consistent about it. As far as offense goes, the two teams are fairly close when compared against like opponents. But when measuring defense and special teams, that's where the differences show and that's where UNT is a better team.

If UTSA can come and play a mistake free game, I think UNT wins by 7. If UTSA comes out and turns the ball over as they normally do, UNT wins by 14. If their QB, Soza, has a bad game like he has earlier this season, UNT could win by 28. I'm hoping our defense gets in his face all day and keeps him shaken while the special teams eats UTSA alive.

• Upvote 1

Yeah I don't know about retiring Soza's number but he likely will be in their HOF.

I'm concerned that Soza will dance out of pressure like McHargue, Leftwich and the MUTS kid did on occasion. I am not concerned about the run game, just Soza. He's experienced. He won't get rattled and can make throws.

Think this plays out like the Rice game.

Yeah I don't know about retiring Soza's number but he likely will be in their HOF.

I'm concerned that Soza will dance out of pressure like McHargue, Leftwich and the MUTS kid did on occasion. I am not concerned about the run game, just Soza. He's experienced. He won't get rattled and can make throws.

Agreed. Similar score and style of game. I do think Soza will get hit hard early and get gun shy.

So, when will Colonel Sanders be in their 'Hall of Fame'? The DEAD, dried-up Bones of the Colonel could beat Bacone, NE and NW Oklahoma State...and probably hold his own against East Texas State, err...A&M-Commerce.