If You Could Choose 4

greenit

For me it's more about who wouldn't I want? I like our MAC series...winnable, but against good opponents so it could go either way. No way can I just go with 4, because I'd take any of the decent mid-majors.

Ohio, Ball, NIU, Toledo, Buffalo, Bowling Green...SDSU, SJSU, Boise, UNLV...ULaLa, Texas State, WacKY, Ark State...ECU, SMU, Tulane, Tulsa (aren't Cincy and Louisville headed to the ACC?)...service academies and BYU.

ND is an interesting concept, could be winnable depending on the year, but would they do it? I know they have fans everywhere and are still independent but they do stick to a lot of the same opponents that they have a history of playing. They might take us at their place but I don't know about a home-and-home, but if it's just a wish list, then yeah.

Notre Dame will never play us in a regular season game

anywhere in Texas. Don't even think that is a possibility. BYU might, but no chance on Notre Dame. With their quasi-ACC existence in football, every year they will play mix of 5 ACC schools, plus Navy, USC, Purdue, Michigan State, and Stanford. Then, they have their

One neutral site game against some opponent of AQ standing (see their game against Arizona State in Arlington last month). They play Baylor in New Orleans in a few years.

As the years progress, the AQ teams will be harder and harder to ever play at your place for a series. Most schools will have 3 games to schedule OOC in the near future and they will try to play at least 2 of those games at home, which means 1 bought game and 2 series opponents. With the B1G and the Pac12 agreeing to play one OOC game per year against each other, that means most of those teams will just buy 1-2 games from the non-AQs and the fcs ranks. That leaves you the Sec, big XII, and the ACC. But getting any home-and-home series will be tough with any of those schools, unless you use JerryWorld or the Cotton Bowl as possible hosting venues.

I like seeing all these folks mention Houston. The fans for both schools travel well to those games, and I know for a fact that lots of Houston fans who came up last time really were impressed with Apogee. That matchup makes things awkward for my family for a day, but it's fun.

A military academy would be cool, but if I can be a spoiled brat for a moment, I would rather not see Air Force uniforms on the other side of the field. I got tired of Houston playing them a while back... It was 3 times in 2 years, or 4 times in 3 years. One year, we played them in the regular season and in the bowl game in Fort Worth. Which I believe was the second year in a row we played them in that bowl game. Yes, I am aware that North Texas is not Houston and this is all hypothetical, which is why I qualified this with the "spoiled brat" comment.

And to the person who mentioned Tulane... Yup, hello, that one's all about the away city. New Orleans is always a road trip my family will make if it's feasible for us.

Notre Dame will never play us in a regular season game

anywhere in Texas. Don't even think that is a possibility. BYU might, but no chance on Notre Dame. With their quasi-ACC existence in football, every year they will play mix of 5 ACC schools, plus Navy, USC, Purdue, Michigan State, and Stanford. Then, they have their

One neutral site game against some opponent of AQ standing (see their game against Arizona State in Arlington last month). They play Baylor in New Orleans in a few years.

As the years progress, the AQ teams will be harder and harder to ever play at your place for a series. Most schools will have 3 games to schedule OOC in the near future and they will try to play at least 2 of those games at home, which means 1 bought game and 2 series opponents. With the B1G and the Pac12 agreeing to play one OOC game per year against each other, that means most of those teams will just buy 1-2 games from the non-AQs and the fcs ranks. That leaves you the Sec, big XII, and the ACC. But getting any home-and-home series will be tough with any of those schools, unless you use JerryWorld or the Cotton Bowl as possible hosting venues.

I guess I was thinking of this like a wish list, no restrictions other than no "P5" schools.

If we are being somewhat realistic, I would like to swap ND for BYU.

SMU

Army

New Mexico State

Tulane

SMU due to the publicity and proximity of the schools.......Army because we should match up with a service academy. We have never beaten one of them but we should have a great game, plus West Point is a wonderful trip.....New Mexico State because we have had lots of great games with them and found a way to win most of them.....Tulane because they are very beatable and a great road trip every other year. We should be able to win at least two of those each year and I think that was part of the criteria for this thread.