Infographic

andrewrozell

I am not saying Benford did not struggle with being a head coach for the first time, he did, but you cannot convince me that a few key players didn't quit on their teammates and their new coach last year for several long stretches. By the time the team reached conference play, well, just wow.

JJ found another job and quit North Texas, not Benford. Benford got off to a terrible start based on expectations. Live and learn. He has pretty much hit the reset button. After 1 year, we have 4 players left over from the JJ era. So far it looks like 2 starters and 2 bench players.

I am definitely pulling for them to reach .500 this season, but they will have to be pretty strong through the OOC schedule and try to hang on through conference play. Pretty lofty hopes I know.

Go Mean Green.

I hope Benford wins 30 or loses 20. Whatever gets him out of here, as soon as possible. At this point, if we get through his tenure without NCAA sanctions, I'll consider it the greatest success of all, and count us lucky for the escape.

The fact that he's been godawful in terms of wins and losses is very secondary. And anyone who talked to me about basketball for at least 5 minutes, even before last season started, can confirm it.

Plus, these are interesting offensive stats, but what about our opponents? How did we do defensively?

Always amazes me how some fans completely ignore half the game.

But I notice most of them are from the NBA generation (Should be NDA for No Defense Allowed) and this only think of offense when it comes to college basketball.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The infographic wasn't absent of defensive stats. Rebounds included both offense and defense and steals and blocks are both defensive stats. I also posted in this thread the difference in defense ratings.

However, all that being said, statistics are clearly not going to change the perception of Benford on the board and, strangely, according the TheTastyGreek, neither will wins.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

CMJ, I did a search of the forum and couldn't find TTG's post about possible Benford issues. I only found a post about Monarch's hire. Can you link or summarize it? It would be an interesting read.

I believe he or Harry were asked by RV and the AD to take it down off of the public forum, so I don't feel feel like it would be my place. I am sure you could find the gist in a private message.

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 1

CMJ, I did a search of the forum and couldn't find TTG's post about possible Benford issues. I only found a post about Monarch's hire. Can you link or summarize it? It would be an interesting read.

o

Let me see if I can summarize.

Tasty has mancrush on JJ that was built up over a decade. JJ broke Tasty's heart by bolting to LSU. JJ's departure, plus early results from Benny Ball may have sent Tasty into a schizophrenic break. During the early recruiting period, Tasty posted a manifesto detailing a few areas of concern for Tasty regarding the direction of the program under Benny's watch.

Later in the season it was discovered that Tasty may also have an unhealthy dislike of fashion, but possibly he is just not a fan of big and tall fashion. It seems he would rather our coaches walk around in stinky, previously game worn suits at the conference tournament rather than having our coaches in freshly pressed clean suits*.

* NOTE: team must win at least one game in order for a 2nd suit to be required

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

o

Let me see if I can summarize.

Tasty has mancrush on JJ that was built up over a decade. JJ broke Tasty's heart by bolting to LSU. JJ's departure, plus early results from Benny Ball may have sent Tasty into a schizophrenic break. During the early recruiting period, Tasty posted a manifesto detailing a few areas of concern for Tasty regarding the direction of the program under Benny's watch.

Later in the season it was discovered that Tasty may also have an unhealthy dislike of fashion, but possibly he is just not a fan of big and tall fashion. It seems he would rather our coaches walk around in stinky, previously game worn suits at the conference tournament rather than having our coaches in freshly pressed clean suits*.

* NOTE: team must win at least one game in order for a 2nd suit to be required

Ummmm no. Tasty was sure that JJ would be eventually taken from us by another school.

Forget it...Tasty doesn't need a defense...plus he could do it better than I ever could.

Edited by CMJ