It's a bye week. Let's speculate on next season

TheColonyEagle

Whatever the coaches decide to do with the QB situation, PLEASE, for the love of everything that is good and decent, DO NOT ROTATE QBS!!! Please have one win the job and go with him.

I could be wrong, but it seems like this board has anointed Dajon as the starter next year. What about Brock? Is he just completely out of the picture? And are we completely writing off Andrew?

Mac has said that he wouldn't be opposed to rotating qbs but he's yet to do it. I think he'll pick a starter and go with him. Austin against Texas would be a bad game to rotate qbs to find out who should be your guy.

Dajon looked liked he was going to be groomed to be the starter after entering the game late against Idaho and having his redshirt burned for no apparent reason, other than to groom him as the starter for next year. It seems now that Mac was doing that seemingly to keep his word that Williams absolutely would not redshirt, and now he's trying to pull out all the stops to get him a redshirt for the year after all. He'll be given a good chance whether he's a sophomore or redshirt freshman.

Since then he stuck with Mcnulty as the backup and he's done decent job. He had a fumble and a pick against Idaho when DT got hurt and had a nice run and some handoffs but no passes the next time DT got hurt against Ball State. I feel like Mac will give Mcnulty the first crack at the job in spring.

As for Berglund, he's had a tough time. There's been some speculation that he's been in the dog house and it would make sense, but he's stuck with it and been a team player. He isn't transferring and he's going to compete for the starting job.

Should be a wide-open competition and everyone has a chance. All 3 will get a chance with the first team and no one has separated themselves from each other.

I think there will be some level of drop off. Outside of coaching and recruiting, I think a large factor will be the wisdom and leadership the departing seniors teach to the underclassmen. That's why the month of practice for the bowl game id HUGE.

I also predict that next year, utsa trolls will be more annoying.

I think there will be some level of drop off. Outside of coaching and recruiting, I think a large factor will be the wisdom and leadership the departing seniors teach to the underclassmen. That's why the month of practice for the bowl game id HUGE.

I also predict that next year, utsa trolls will be more annoying.

Another side note on that month of practice for the bowl; Conner Means, our 2014 qb commit, is enrolling after the semester is up and he will be eligible to practice with the team during the bowl practices iirc.

Mac has said that he wouldn't be opposed to rotating qbs but he's yet to do it. I think he'll pick a starter and go with him. Austin against Texas would be a bad game to rotate qbs to find out who should be your guy.

Dajon looked liked he was going to be groomed to be the starter after entering the game late against Idaho and having his redshirt burned for no apparent reason, other than to groom him as the starter for next year. It seems now that Mac was doing that seemingly to keep his word that Williams absolutely would not redshirt, and now he's trying to pull out all the stops to get him a redshirt for the year after all. He'll be given a good chance whether he's a sophomore or redshirt freshman.

Since then he stuck with Mcnulty as the backup and he's done decent job. He had a fumble and a pick against Idaho when DT got hurt and had a nice run and some handoffs but no passes the next time DT got hurt against Ball State. I feel like Mac will give Mcnulty the first crack at the job in spring.

As for Berglund, he's had a tough time. There's been some speculation that he's been in the dog house and it would make sense, but he's stuck with it and been a team player. He isn't transferring and he's going to compete for the starting job.

Should be a wide-open competition and everyone has a chance. All 3 will get a chance with the first team and no one has separated themselves from each other.

I think DT won the job for good after Ball State and that is when Dajon got hurt. Edited by GOMG2013

I think DT won the job for good after Ball State and that is when Dajon got hurt.

I think he kind've had it before then, but that was the game where Mac probably decided internally that he was going to stick with DT for the rest of the year, basically no matter what.

Interesting what is really going on with Dajon. Hard to tell if he really is hurting, but we probably will never know.

I talked to Dajon Williams for a little while today and said that he did end up getting a medical redshirt, but he seemed pretty optimistic about the opportunity to take the reins next season.

• Upvote 3

I talked to Dajon Williams for a little while today and said that he did end up getting a medical redshirt, but he seemed pretty optimistic about the opportunity to take the reins next season.

That is really good news! He will have a great shot. I think all three have a good shot and no one has the inside track right now.
  • Upvote 2

All due respect to Brock who I did want to start this year... It's Dajon or bust next season.

I understand that, but they both have the skill set to be successful qbs. Both tall, have strong arms, and mobile. Whoever gets the mental aspect down better, leading the offense and making smarter decisions, can take our offense to the next level.

May the best man win, but it would be fun to watch the stats Williams could put up as a four-year starter.

Williams will be the huge favorite to win the job next year. He was taking 2nd team reps in practice before the Idaho game.

Berglund is buried at 4 because of ball security issues. Hopefully lay he can work his ass off and fix that this off-season.

Did Dajon throw an incomplete pass against Idaho?

• Upvote 1

Williams will be the huge favorite to win the job next year. He was taking 2nd team reps in practice before the Idaho game.

Berglund is buried at 4 because of ball security issues. Hopefully lay he can work his ass off and fix that this off-season.

Did Dajon throw an incomplete pass against Idaho?

Kidsy dropped a pass towards the sideline or he would've been 6-6.

1) I get the feeling that Skladany likes the fact that he's sort of an icon here. I think that helps.

2) Mac sings DT's praises because he's the starter and has enough of a solid foundation to keep playing him, even through the tough times. That doesn't make him irreplaceable...but it does show that he's a bit of a badass, just with an occasional down streak.

3) It looks like I'm not the only one who isn't too concerned about replacing our killer seniors on D. Next year's guys will be hitting just as hard as Orr and company. And they will get my damn ball back.

4) As with this year...I don't care who the starter is at QB, as long as he's our best shot. Dajon, Brock...or even Andrew, who has actually looked pretty good lately (especially at Georgia). Kick ass and win games.

• Upvote 1