And the 2 weeks of UTSA Smack/Food talk continues

Harry

"I stumbled onto the UNT forum and damn do they have a hard-on for UTSA or what? I can't believe how much hatred they have for UTSA already and we've never even played. I get the feeling they're scared at the rate at which UTSA has risen to competitiveness and, much like the Teachers College in San Marcos, see UTSA crushing them very soon in Texas recruiting and therefore, on the field. In 3 years when UTSA is playing on regional TV every weekend because of market size & a new winning tradition... UNT will simply be another mid-major trying to pick up UTSA's leftovers that no one outside of Denton will give a crap about... Oh wait, they've already achieved that part. No one in SA or South Texas gives a flying fart about UNT. We have our sights set way higher than that and yet the Weaner Green already have a huge chip on their shoulder about UTSA.

If their forums are any indication, there are no bigger A-hole fans in Texas than in Denton. Either that or they seriously need to get laid."

Read more: http://www.rowdytalk.com/showthread.php/4049-Congratz-on-the-win!-Huge-game-coming-in-Denton!/page4

"In 3 years when UTSA is playing on regional TV every weekend because of market size & a new winning tradition... UNT will simply be another mid-major trying to pick up UTSA's leftovers that no one outside of Denton will give a crap about...

Oh yeah, that huge giant that everyone can't wait to watch on TV. We're coming off 8 of the sorriest years in program history and were projected to finish 5th in the west, and were still lined up at the beginning of the season with a Thursday Night Football game on FS1, a game on ESPN3, on channel 21, on Fox Sports Southwest, Fox College Sports, CBS Sports, another Fox College Sports, and another one set for Fox Sports.

So you heard it here first; in the best year of UTSAKFC football, they will get the same TV coverage that we get after almost a decade of losing.

Funny thing is there is not a single thread on the first page about these a-holes except for mentioning their trash talking. Hell, we were even cheering for them last week. In the big scheme of things, they're an after thought. They can go kick rocks! Must be something ingrained with fans from schools that start with UT!

• Upvote 2

It's laughable, reading their board.

A Texas team in your division isn't going to be a rival? They "deserve a more worthy rival?" Really?

I know this football thing is new for these guys, but someone should teach them the basics.

Maybe they can have a Football 101 clinic like we have for the women-folk?

Message to the Col. Sanders Crew... YOU WILL NOT BE INVITED TO A BOWL GAME THIS YEAR - PERIOD.

• Upvote 1

Honesty, some of those posts I read are absolutely hilarious. One guy talking about how he hasn't ever met a UNT alum, or at least not one who is proud to be an alum. Hahaha...right, there's SOOO MUCH MORE to feel prideful about down at UT...SA. So much more.

No one who's lived in Dallas or Fort Worth willingly moves to San Antonio.

• Upvote 2

Tulane really has skewed the view of power in the West. Take away that game from the rest of the CUSA schedules, whether you lost or won, and you get a better picture of how teams might stack up IMO.

Do that with UTSA and UNT, and it's hard not to be confident about our matchup.

I still think they'll come out to play and put a few scares early. But we are on fire against the run in CUSA play, and the reason is defensive speed. I can see us containing (not stopping) UTSA's dynamite QB and limiting them offensively as we pound away with Byrd and Co.

We wear them down and snag a 20ish point win.