Homecoming stuff.

Green P1

I agree that DT did not have the best game but we still got the job done. My biggest issue with the game is the fact that the back up QBs did not get any real playing time. They could have let them have a real drive. Throw the ball around and what not. I do not like teams running it up, but in this case the backs could have used the work and it would not have been a slap in the face. Glad we won and I guess that is what matters most.

• Upvote 1

Not playing underclassmen and leaving starters in too long was one of the complaints I saw about mac on the Iowa state forums. I think it's a valid one.

We have had at least two very significant injures to important starters in the last two games because they were playing in the fourth during a blowout.

If the game is well in hand, let's have the young kids go out and make learning mistakes then, not next year vs SMU or Texas.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Okay , 1 complaint I recall

Why didn't we Atleast go for a FG attempt at the end of the 1st half ? We had plenty of time , but elected to run out the clock. 3 extra points & maybe we could of gotten our starters out of there a little earlier in the 2nd half.

Our 2 minute offense is terrible & needs all the work it can get

A friend of mine went to try to buy tickets to the UTSA game at halftime and found that the ticket office was closed. While he was there, they actually had to turn away a few folks who just showed up and wanted to buy tickets for the game that was still going on.

Why are we closing the ticket office by halftime??

*Note: my buddy did not walk around to all the different ticket offices and maybe they close some but leave others open? Either way, when he asked, he was just told that they were closed.

Edited by TIgreen01

Not playing underclassmen and leaving starters in too long was one of the complaints I saw about mac on the Iowa state forums. I think it's a valid one.

We have had at least two very significant injures to important starters in the last two games because they were playing in the fourth during a blowout.

If the game is well in hand, let's have the young kids go out and make learning mistakes then, not next year vs SMU or Texas.

True story.