Homecoming stuff.

Green P1

1. New Scrappy is garbage. Friend I was sitting with had the idea of bringing all the scrappy/Eppys out at all games. We've still got the costumes and there can never be too much scrappy!

2. Bad DT showed up again.

3. As much as it sucks to lose Pegram, the running game seems better split between 2 instead of 3.

4. I love Richard Abbe. With as bad as new Scrappy looks.... I've adopted him as an unofficial mascot for the team.

5. I want to see the film from the weird little helicopter camera that was flying around during the first quarter.

6. If the a-holes partying under the tents across from the tennis courts had bothered to come inside the stadium we might have #hit30k

7. The offense needs more Miller Time.

8. I want one of the "The Stand" shirts I saw a guy wearing on the front row of 106.

9. Watching Jimmy and Byrd hang out together on the sidelines is almost as entertaining as the game itself. They never seem to be more than a couple feet apart.

10. FFR clearly has some pretty solid detective skills, figured out where I sit, and introduced himself during the game. Sorry for being startled/confused during the exchange... Good to meet you.

11. I still miss the Tug/Bell

12. Our homecoming queen's blazer was pretty sweet.

13. UTEP traveled better than I'd expected.

Edited by Green P1
  • Upvote 5

The less-than-awesome DT showed up again - luckily, we don't have to depend on just the passing attack, and it's always great to be able to rely on running to score. Okay, running and turnovers, I mean. DT did have some great link-ups though.

UTEP might be troublesome next season. I saw that they had some weapons developing, it's just a matter of time before they become competitive.

x2 - It's like we sometimes share the same brain

I'd just like to add #13 -the sideline reporter & I should go on a date

Can't believe I left her off. We couldn't make out the logo on her microphone. CW33? Never saw her speak into a camera either. I also wouldn't mind a date.

We were off sneaking smokes with the cool kids during the ceremony... But I heard a solid roar of support when she was announced.

Did they show the proceedings on the jumbo screen until she was crowned or was it on screensaver mode the entire time?

Edited by Green P1

1. New Scrappy is garbage. Friend I was sitting with had the idea of bringing all the scrappy/Eppys out at all games. We've still got the costumes and there can never be too much scrappy!

2. Bad DT showed up again.

3. As much as it sucks to lose Pegram, the running game seems better split between 2 instead of 3.

4. I love Richard Abbe. With as bad as new Scrappy looks.... I've adopted him as an unofficial mascot for the team.

5. I want to see the film from the weird little helicopter camera that was flying around during the first quarter.

6. If the a-holes partying under the tents across from the tennis courts had bothered to come inside the stadium we might have #hit30k

7. The offense needs more Miller Time.

8. I want one of the "The Stand" shirts I saw a guy wearing on the front row of 106.

9. Watching Jimmy and Byrd hang out together on the sidelines is almost as entertaining as the game itself. They never seem to be more than a couple feet apart.

10. FFR clearly has some pretty solid detective skills, figured out where I sit, and introduced himself during the game. Sorry for being startled/confused during the exchange... Good to meet you.

11. I still miss the Tug/Bell

12. Our homecoming queen's blazer was pretty sweet.

13. UTEP traveled better than I'd expected.

Did the BAD DT show up again...sure did...he looked terrible....hope we don't see him again, if this was a tough team, we might have lost....come on DT, you are better than this!

She really is a cool person and has done a lot for the school. I'm glad to see Talons have a Homecoming king or queen for a change. I don't care about her sexual orientation. But the changing of terms to "royalty", which as I understand was not done for her, was what bugged me.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

She really is a cool person and has done a lot for the school. I'm glad to see Talons have a Homecoming king or queen for a change. I don't care about her sexual orientation. But the changing of terms to "royalty", which as I understand was not done for her, was what bugged me.

This x10. It's a popularity contest, but changing the terms falls on the university and is a slap in the face of tradition. Also, I wouldn't mind a dress code for the court either. It used to be understood that men wore suits and women wore dresses. Last year I remember a guy or two wearing jeans. Seems disrespectful to the homecoming tradition to me.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

And we're back!

1) At the bottom of each post is a little button that says "Report". If you see something that you think violates the rules of our forum, REPORT IT. Forum volume is exploding again with the success of the football team, and there are only 3-5 of us trying to keep things civil. I don't have the time to read every thread, and I don't think Harry, Joe, or Tony do either. But we check every report. Flag offending posts, don't respond to them.

2) KEEP POLITICS CONFINED TO THE EAGLES NEST. If you're throwing around words and phrases like "liberal", "Typical conservative", or "politically correct" anywhere outside that subforum... You're doing it wrong. This goes on both sides. Also, no political avatars. I asked people on both sides to take them down during the last presidential election cycle. Didn't realize someone had one now... Please flag political content outside the Eagles Nest, no matter which side of the opinion divide.

3) UNT and GoMeanGreen are a very, very diverse community of ideas and beliefs. Everyone that loves North Texas is welcome here to talk sports and school. I've been quite horrified to find people who I've read and agreed with that wound up revealing themselves to be anti-miscegenation, anti-Semitic... All sorts of horrifying, antiquated types of prejudice. Until they took it upon themselves to inject the forum with it, everything was hunky dory. But when you bring it into this community... Whether by linking to a neo-Nazi forum or insulting the homecoming court (and a strong supporter of UNT athletics)... That's not acceptable. Hate what you want to hate on your own time and elsewhere on the internet. This is not a political forum, though there is a subforum where people can discuss political topics (as long as they obey the rest of the forum rules). Anyone who doesn't like it, or can't abide those restrictions: It's a very big internet. And there's tons of places you can go to talk about whatever is on your mind. Have fun doing it elsewhere.

Thank you, play nice among yourselves, and hooray for good football again.