Apogee security

KenTuck

Wife and I drive from Dallas for the UTEP game.

Get to entrance and stiff-armed . . . have to walk back to Fouts and leave my back pack.

How were we to know?

A blanket disallowance of a handy tool such as a back pack (for jacket, binocs, etc.)

is a decision made by lazy and not-too-bright government types.

Why harrass those that want to attend? Any wonder can't sell out the stadium?

Bet those on the committee that ex'd backpacks couldn't walk twice from Fouts to Apogee.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Interesting. Saw a few backpacks on kids at the stadium today, and my wife carries a "purse" that is actually a soft backpack. Went through security easily. How big is your backpack?

Apogee is no where near the only stadium that does not allow backpacks. Do you attend many college games?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Wife and I drive from Dallas for the UTEP game.

Get to entrance and stiff-armed . . . have to walk back to Fouts and leave my back pack.

How were we to know?

A blanket disallowance of a handy tool such as a back pack (for jacket, binocs, etc.)

is a decision made by lazy and not-too-bright government types.

Why harrass those that want to attend? Any wonder can't sell out the stadium?

Bet those on the committee that ex'd backpacks couldn't walk twice from Fouts to Apogee.

This is a pretty common policy at most stadiums. Umbrellas are also a no-no, just for future reference. It isn't harrassment, but more a sign of the times since 9/11. Sorry you encountered this issue, but I hope you enjoyed the game and will come again.

On the other side of the coin, I have always been very impressed by how warm, welcoming, and excited the security, ticket scanning crew is before and after the games.

While some may overlook this element of the gameday experience, being the first and last face patrons see as they come and go, I think it's important and is very appreciated by me.

• Upvote 1