Britton Banowsky: Southern Miss headed West, no decision yet on UAB

Harry

Banowsky addressed other topics:

The TV deals, which expire two years after this season: "We have really good TV platforms. We play mostly on Saturdays, which is what our folks wanted to do. Fox and FS1 (Fox Sports 1) has been a great pump for us this year. We're getting great exposure on FS1. CBS sports continues to grow and they're clearly in all of our markets."

On the basketball tournament, which will likely rotate venues: "We're in El Paso this year. I think, philosophically, we like the idea of moving the event around and exposing it to different fan bases around the conference. The SEC has kind of locked up Nashville, which I think would have been a great spot. I think there are other options. We've got schools like Charlotte. We've got options and we'll take our time and figure it out."

Will the conference champion be tied into one bowl in the future? "We'll know as seasons develop where matchups make sense. We might be able to matchup our champion in a great setting like Dallas against a Big Ten team. I'm comfortable being flexible until the end and waiting for the best regional matchups."

Read more: http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/11/conference_usa_commissioner_br_1.html