Game on Time Warner?

GangGreen

I've got Time Warner in the DFW area and show that it's blacked out.

So basically, for most of us out of the area AND for those in the area, the TWC Sports Channel is useless, yet it prevents North Texas from showing the game on All-Access. I hate to bitch about TV coverage, considering how visible we have been this year, but it is kind of frustrating to pay for an online service and then not be able to watch home games via Meangreensports--something that has always been possible over the course of the recent past.

• Upvote 1

So basically, for most of us out of the area AND for those in the area, the TWC Sports Channel is useless, yet it prevents North Texas from showing the game on All-Access. I hate to bitch about TV coverage, considering how visible we have been this year, but it is kind of frustrating to pay for an online service and then not be able to watch home games via Meangreensports--something that has always been possible over the course of the recent past.

I feel you there. My C-USA access for the year will end up yielding me one NT game or maybe 2 for the whole season. I don't think I will be buying it next season. At least nor for the whole year.

And showing a game on a local TV station that blacks it out for the locals is pretty much the definition of bad logic.

Edited by outoftown

I feel you there. My C-USA access for the year will end up yielding me one NT game or maybe 2 for the whole season. I don't think I will be buying it next season. At least nor for the whole year.

And showing a game on a local TV station that blacks it out for the locals is pretty much the definition of bad logic.

Not really. It encourages people to go to the game rather than stay at home and watch it on their couch.

• Upvote 1

Not really. It encourages people to go to the game rather than stay at home and watch it on their couch.

Well why put it on "TV" in the first place if noone can see it. Better off putting it on MG all access in that case, which was so bad this year that people (me for example) will stop buying it next year. That is also money you loose.

Well why put it on "TV" in the first place if noone can see it. Better off putting it on MG all access in that case, which was so bad this year that people (me for example) will stop buying it next year. That is also money you loose.

TV outside of DFW would be fine but TV tends to actually decrease the number of people that attend games. Why spend money for a ticket when you can just watch the game on TV, right?

TV outside of DFW would be fine but TV tends to actually decrease the number of people that attend games. Why spend money for a ticket when you can just watch the game on TV, right?

Sure... just that if the TV is only local, that leaves noone who can see it on TV at all.

For those living out of state (or like me not in the US at all), this is the worst of all worlds.

Sure... just that if the TV is only local, that leaves noone who can see it on TV at all.

For those living out of state (or like me not in the US at all), this is the worst of all worlds.

Exactly. I totally understand blacking out local games. What I don't understand is offering a game on a cable channel with almost no coverage, effectively meaning that about 90% or more of us displaced alumni now no longer have access to the game online through Meangreensports. You should be increasing the total amount of people across the nation who can watch your games instead of drastically reducing the number, right?

Oh well, I'll keep All-Access for now and watch our basketball opener tonight!

• Upvote 1

I thought this was interesting:

Just found out that the CSS broadcast of #MeanGreen UTEP game is being picked up by regional CS networks in Chicago and California.

— Eric Capper (@Eric_Capper)

November 8, 2013

The game is getting picked up in other markets. I don't know what markets the game is currently being carried but adding more markets can't hurt at all.

• Upvote 1

I thought this was interesting:

The game is getting picked up in other markets. I don't know what markets the game is currently being carried but adding more markets can't hurt at all.

That's good to hear. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it will get picked up in the NYC market at the last minute!

Don't lose hope yet, the game may not be blacked out. We've seen in the past that we'll have to wait until game time to see if the game is truly blacked out. A lot of the time, the on screen guide and even the people on the phone are wrong about these things.

Plus, some of the CSN regions picking up the game means anybody with DirecTV and the sports pack can pick the game up.