Bowl-eligible UNT is #76 in Sagarin, ahead of many teams from BCS

Harry

So, how good is the Mean Green when measured against other FBS programs? UNT landed at No. 76 in this week’s Sagarin college football rankings, which are used as part of the BCS formula.

Among other teams, the Mean Green finished ahead of Syracuse (77), Wake Forest (78), Kentucky (86), Colorado (88), SMU (89), North Carolina State (90), Colorado State (91), Virginia (94), San Diego State (95) and Kansas (101).

In relation to fellow C-USA contenders, UNT is ranked behind Rice (74), a team it defeated on Halloween night, but ahead of Tulane (98), which beat UNT on Oct. 5.

Read more: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com/colleges/2013/11/bowl-eligible-north-texas-is-no-76-in-sagarin-ratings-ahead-of-many-teams-from-bcs-leagues-unt.html

So, how good is the Mean Green when measured against other FBS programs? UNT landed at No. 76 in this week’s Sagarin college football rankings, which are used as part of the BCS formula.

Among other teams, the Mean Green finished ahead of Syracuse (77), Wake Forest (78), Kentucky (86), Colorado (88), SMU (89), North Carolina State (90), Colorado State (91), Virginia (94), San Diego State (95) and Kansas (101).

In relation to fellow C-USA contenders, UNT is ranked behind Rice (74), a team it defeated on Halloween night, but ahead of Tulane (98), which beat UNT on Oct. 5.

Read more: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com/colleges/2013/11/bowl-eligible-north-texas-is-no-76-in-sagarin-ratings-ahead-of-many-teams-from-bcs-leagues-unt.html

Well that makes a whole lot of sense.

This seems like an artificially low ranking compared to other services.

• Upvote 1

Sagarin has TCU at 37? What a joke. No hate for the Horned Frogs, they just aren't that good.

I dislike TCU as much as the next guy.... but what do you think our record would be had we played their schedule?

Our makin fun guns should all be pointed at SMU.

• Upvote 1

I dislike TCU as much as the next guy.... but what do you think our record would be had we played their schedule?

Fair point, but if we are being honest, 37 is a high for them. They shouldn't be SMU low, but they probably shouldn't be just outside the top 25.

Again, I'm not making fun. I've got no hate for TCU, they just havent done anything this year. I think we would have beat WVU at home for sure, and I think we would have pulled off one upset that they didn't. We would have also won all the games they won.